31 Years Old, 3 Kids, Breastfed, 5'2 117 Lbs - Time to Upgrade the Girls - Austin, TX

So up until now I have been a RS Lerker for a few...

So up until now I have been a RS Lerker for a few months. I've read so many stories on here which I have found very helpful. After waiting a full month for my consultation, I finally wanted to share my experience.

I've been browsing around for a couple months now after finally deciding it is time for me to trade in my mom boobs for some nice perky ones. I schedule an appointment with Dr. Ashley Gordon at Restora because she had great reviews and I liked that her before and after photos looked very natural. I'm normally not a very patient person so the month long wait was a lot for me. I occupied my time by browsing RS reviews, and I think my husband got tired of seeing all the boob pics I showed him (sorry ladies!). When I started this process I knew I wanted natural looking tatas which are perportionate to my body. I am currently a very small A cup. I currently wear a 34 A bra but barely fill it. I could wear a 32 A but the tightness of the band is uncomfortable for me. I am hoping to achieve a full C but would be happy with a small C or full B. During my extensive lerking, I sought out reviews of girls who have a similar body type as me. The norm seemed to be implants in the 325cc to 380cc range. This implant size seemed to accomplish the look I was hoping for and I thought this would be around where I needed to be.

Let me begin by saying that Dr. Gordon was absolutely amazing. She was so personable and really took an interest in me and what kind of look I am hoping to achieve. I can be reserved around people I don't know, and she and her staff made me feel comfortable right away. Each person that I spoke with today took the time to listen to all of my questions and never once made me feel as if I was a burden.

Dr. Gordon pointed out the obvious to me. My boobs are stretched from years of breastfeeding. What I didn't anticipate was needing a slightly larger implant to provide the fullness. I did not take this into consideration when I was looking at reviews of girls with a similar body type. A lot of them had no kids so they did not have the sagginess that I do. She did my measurements and I was 18 from the sternum to the nipple and 12 I think was the width (sorry I didn't pay as much attention to the importance of the measurements as I should have). Dr. Gordon recommended that I get an implant size of 400cc to 450cc she said that this would provide enough fullness and the additional cup sizes I am hoping for. She said anything below a 380 would run the risk of the nipple still sagging and giving me the snoopy nose effect. Don't want that!

So I tried on a few different sizes after speaking with Dr. Gordon. I went from 375 to 450 to see which I felt most comfortable with. My husband and I both agreed that the 425 looked good and the 450 seemed too large for my frame. After the sizing I met with my patient coordinator who broke down the costs for me and what I should expect with pre-op and surgery day.

I am very happy so far with how my experience has gone. I do have another consultation lined up for the 14th and hope to make a decision on which Doctor I will go with then. I will post a review of that consultation as well.

I do have a question for some of you ladies who have gone through this experience. Dr. Gordon mentioned a shot she can put into the muscle which would work as an anesthetic and reduce the amount of pain after surgery. I forgot the name of the medication, but I believe it started with an X. Anyways, has anyone gotten this done before and would you say it is worth it? The idea of having the after pain reduced is appealing, but I am worried about over exerting myself by thinking I feel better then I really do. Also, how would you rate the pain on a scale of 1-10?

Thank you for taking the time to read my review. I know it's long!

Wish boobs

Here are some pictures of the look I am hoping to achieve.

Surgery Scheduled!

I've decided to go with my gut and schedule my appointment with Dr. Gordon. I had another consultation scheduled with Dr. Kerr in Round Rock, but I honestly just felt so comfortable with Dr. Gordon that I couldn't imagine anyone else doing the surgery. My surgery is scheduled for June 27th and my pre-op appointment is on June 13th.

I can't believe this is actually happening, and I am beyond excited. I would have scheduled the surgery sooner, but I am currently in school completing my Masters program. I have a week long break from classes the week of the 27th so this works out perfectly for me. I could not imagine trying to write a research paper while on pain killers. LOL

Its been a while

So I haven't updated in a while. Mainly because I do not have a lot to share, and I am currently in limbo until my pre-op. I was stressing over what size to choose. I have looked at so many reviews and seen how differently they look on each person. I've decided to have faith in my doctor in determining a size that is close to what I am looking for. I've saved a ton of pictures of what I like. I hope that this will be enough to get the point across.

More wish boobs

So I "stole" these from another RSer. I hope she doesn't mind, but I think her results came out perfectly and I hope my results are similar!

Pre-op today

I had my pre-op today. It was pretty uneventful for the most part. I filled out a bunch of paperwork, and then sat down with the nurse who went over what medications I will be prescribed and risks associated to the surgery. She answered all of my questions and then allowed me to try on the sizers again to make sure it was still what I was wanting. I discussed with her different implant brands and expressed my desire for the Sientra implant. The sizers I liked were 425 cc so I hope that the size and implant will work with my measurements. If not, we'll have to use a different brand. I also gave the doctor some wiggle room for my size. I would like to be no less then 400 cc but not more than 450 cc. 425 cc is my ideal size, but I know that is dependent on the implant and my measurements. I'm confident that the doctor will be able to achieve the look I want with whatever she goes with. I also sent the nurse my "wish boobs" photos for my file and she took photos. I also paid for everything today and got the Vitamedica vitamins!

It's crazy to think that in 10 days I'll be under the knife and will come out with a whole new look. I'm really excited that this day is finally coming, and can't wait to see the new and improved girls. :)

High profile?

So I received an email from the nurse that Dr. Gordon is going to use the Sientra implant and she thinks the 425cc will work great with my measurements. She also mentioned that the Dr will be taking both moderate plus and high profile into the OR. I'm a little worried about high profile. I want a natural look with a subtle natural slope. I know this is all dependent on my anatomy and she will use what will look best on me. However, I am so worried that the high profile will be too much projection for my comfort. I am petite and already going from nothing to something. What is high profile look like torpedos on me? I also work with a bunch of guys so I'm concerned that high profile will be very attention grabbing. I know I am probably this over thinking this right now, but I can't help but worry. Hopefully Monday when I go to surgery I'll be able to express my concerns to Dr. Gordon and she will be able to put my mind at ease. Last thing I won't is to regret this decision.

On a side note... I have all my prescriptions ready and some other aftercare essentials. Only 3 days left till D day!

In just 2 hours my alarm is going to go off, and I'll need to start getting ready to head to the surgery center. I fear my nerves are getting the best of me and I am unable to sleep. I am questioning whether or not I should do this, and I'm having anxiety about being put under. The thought of not waking up keeps running through my head. I know that I will most likely be fine, but I can't help it. My husband is worried too I can tell. He is restless and unable to sleep as well. He is trying really hard to act as if he is fine, but I can tell that he is worried. However, at the same time I am looking forward to the procedure. After have 3 kids, breast feeding and gaining & losing weight I feel this is my opportunity to reclaim my body as my own. So do I back out and possibly regret my decision, or do I take the plunge and take the risk? I feel so conflicted at the moment and trying hard to have positive thoughts.

It's done!

So I want to commend Dr. Gordon and the staff at Inspire. This has been an amazing experience and I was able to overcome my doubts. I am so pleased with my results so far. My pain is minimal and not anything that I expected. I have a decent range of motion with my arms and other then tightness in the chest my pain is a slight ache. I haven't gotten a chance to look at the girls yet but there is a noticeable difference! Dr. Gordon ended up going with 485cc Mod plus implants. I believe their are Sientra but I didn't get one of those nifty implant cards like other girls have. I'll have to ask at my post-op to verify. Right now they are riding very high and there is noticeable swelling. Attached are some pictures. They aren't the best and I'll have to have my husband take some good shots for the full perspective.

Day 2

So yesterday I stayed on schedule with my medications. I found this cool app called medisafe. Jt let me put in all my meds and how frequently I needed to take them. It then schedules them out for me and alerts me when it's time for a new dose. I found this really helpful. I slept pretty good last night too but didn't wake up to take my meds in the middle of the night. Surprisingly I did not wake up in a lot of pain. So far as long as I remain sitting I have no discomfort, but if I stand I can feel the tightness. The pain really isn't too bad it feels like I did a lot of chest exercises. I was able to take a shower this morning so I feel a lot better after that as well. I was even able to was my hair and shave on my own.

I have to admit the recovery is going smoother then I expected. So far I have not noticed any bruising but I do have some fluid build up on the top of my boobs and on the sides by my ribs. My left side has much more build up on the side then my right side.

I had my husband take some pics. I'm still pretty bloated from the anesthesia. I am also including a before picture I snapped at the surgery center. I was at first hesitant to do the before pic, but the before and after pics in other people's reviews were so helpful for me I hope my post will be helpful to someone else.

Day 3

Nothing too eventful today. Pain is still minimal and I feel great. I took the dressings off today which allowed me to get a peak at the incision. So far I've only noticed light bruising nothing major. The swelling looks like it's starting to go down as well. Can't wait for them to drop!

Happy 4th of July!

I haven't updated in a while because there hasn't been much change. I feel completely back to normal and have been able to get out and about. I haven't taken any of the Vicodin for a few days and only take extra strength Tylenol now. I am taking the muscle relaxers as needed, but haven't really experienced any painful spasms. In the morning I have morning boob which is just pretty much them feeling really tight. Not painful though. After getting up and walking around for a while they seem to relax though. I do have more noticeable bruising but it's mainly yellow nothing darker. I took some pictures yesterday and I think they are starting to drop a bit. They no longer feel as if they are in my arm pits and it looks like the lower pole is starting to fill out a bit more. Still needs to drop more. They still feel firm to me and not as soft as I would like them to be. At my 10 day post op appointment the nurse said she would show me the massage technique which is supposed to help with that.

Hope you all enjoy your holiday. :)

Slight complication

So yesterday after my shower I noticed that the surgical tape they put on my incision was slightly loose again. It has been doing that for a few days but just pressing it back on seemed to do the trick. Yesterday however while I was doing this I had some discharge come out. The incision did not hurt to the touch and I was too afraid to take the tape off to get a clear picture. My 10 day follow up was today so I figured it would be best to wait for that. Turns out the incision on my left side is slightly infected. Probably from the tape coming lose allowing water and such into it. So now I am on another round of antibiotics and I have to apply ointment onto the incision. Womp womp...

Other then that mishap my right side is healing nicely and I am able to use the scar therapy strips on it. The nurse also went over massage techniques which I'll do 3 times a day for the next 3 months. I have to hold off on doing the massages and scar therapy until the left side heals more. The nurse seems optimistic though and thinks with the antibiotics and ointment it should be much better by Monday. I just hope there aren't anymore issues as a result.

Week 2 update

Monday was week 2 for me. I am now 16 days post op and they are starting to soften. For the most part I am still really happy with the size. I just don't feel that they have dropped as much as I expected them to at this point. Underneath clothes and from certain angles I think they look great but straight on I have doubts sometimes. I know this is a process so I am being patient. How long does it normally take for them to drop?

Massages I think are going great. I've had to look up a few YouTube videos so I assume I'm doing it right. They have softened over the week after starting the massages. My left side is softer then my right side. I also feel my left side is fuller in the lower pole then my right side.

My incision is much better. I still haven't started the scar therapy. The nurse thought it still looked irritated on Monday so she wants me to send her another picture on Friday.

Week 3

So I'm late on updating. It's been a crazy busy week at work and home.

So my boobs have really softened up ALOT and the muscle spasms are less and less. I notice them the most in the morning when I first wake up, after I do my massages and when I shower. They aren't painful. They remind me a lot of when I was breastfeeding and I would "let down." It's more of a tightening feeling. Everyday they see softer. :) I have a video but for some reason the mobile app won't let me post videos so I'll have to get that posted later.

I feel like my boobs have changed so much over the last week and are starting to settle nicely since my muscles have relaxed. Can't wait for them to settle more. I have noticed that my right side is slightly smaller then my left. I've always been this way so I don't really mind it.

During the day, I have absolutely no pain or discomfort. I can finally sleep on my side again. Let me tell you... Best sleep ever! Lol I feel 100% like myself again and I absolutely love my results. The size is exactly how I pictured them to be. Dr. Gordon is absolutely amazing at what she does. I have no regrets!
Dr. Ashley Gordon

Dr. Gordon was absolutely amazing. She was so personable and really took an interest in me and what kind of look I am hoping to achieve. I can be reserved around people I don't know, and she and her staff made me feel comfortable right away. Each person that I spoke with today took the time to listen to all of my questions and never once made me feel as if I was a burden. Her office is very neat and clean. It is absolutely beautiful. I look forward to my surgery with her, and will update more once that is completed.