Here We Go

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I'm 57, and getting busy. After 5 consultations,...

I'm 57, and getting busy. After 5 consultations, I made my decision. I will be getting a TT, BR, and lipo of my flanks by Dr. Larson. I have quit smoking, taking Chantix for that... and I'm eating clean. Surgery is in a little over 3 months and I really hope to drop a few lbs. I'm concerned about gaining weight, but so happy to be smoke free. I can't wait to stop the Chantix, because I just don't feel like myself. Anyway, I'm happy to share a bit as you have certainly shared with me. XOXO

Roller coaster

Tell me, how do you deal with all of these feeling that say I'm crazy for considering spending this kind of money on something for me? I've scheduled my surgery with a GREAT team and I feel so comfortable about that, but It is so much money! on me?? This is where I am having a problem. I think I will get the insurance to cover the breast reduction/lift and am willing to go ahead with it even if they won't............but HAVE I LOST MY MIND? The smoking is gone, Thank you LORD! I haven't gained an ounce, so I'm happy about that. My mother has been in the hospital, and she wants to go into assisted living "the first of the year". I'm working on that now, but surgery was scheduled for 1/4/17. I may have to wait a few weeks for that until I get my mom situated and happy. Thanks to all of the girls that have gone before me, you are such a great help by posting your stories here. XO

update

Oh my goodness, I'm back! I had to go away for a bit because I found myself spending too much time on this site! I am doing great and getting so excited about my surgery! It was hard to quit smoking, not going to lie. It is something that I have been trying to do for a very long time, and I guess I just needed the right motivation. The ups and downs in my mood have been historical and I'm very grateful to my sweet hubby for hanging in there. I'm so excited, we are inside the 30day window now. I got my labs done yesterday. I had my mammogram taken care of, that was scary because I had to go back for more views to make sure, but all is well. I hope everyone is doing well, I will have to see whats new on here and check on my old "buddies".

Almost ready, 11 days out

Everything is all set! Ready to go and excited! I am in a very good place with amazing support from my husband and family. I have had excellent guidance and instructions from my PS and his staff. It's only 11 more days. Hopefully I'll be able to stay busy!!! Goodness, who is going through this with me?

The pre-op appointment

It went really great. I enjoy the office staff and the surgery coordinator. They are friendly and very informative. They are minimalists. After reading many reviews on this site, I felt the need to spend lots of money on supplements and medical supplies and tons of things that have been deemed necessary by many. I was discouraged by the sxcood to do anything different except I can start Arnica Montana and Bromelain if I want to but not mandatory. I did. They informed me that at my age, I am at a greater risk for complications. I quit smoking in Sept, so that is a huge plus!!!! Actually, Dr. Larson wouldn't do the surgery if I was still smoking. I appreciate that he is so particular. He also required a mammogram and lots of lab work. Everything checks out. I was told that I would come back on the 5th day, and to stay bent over. I can stand when they stand me up. No rush, nice and slow. Weeks, I guess. Drains for 7 to 10 days. My surgery should be around 7 hours, and I am happy that I will get such a great nap. Just kidding, not excited about that much anesthesia in my system...at all! I have gone through all kinds of emotions since September 22, the day I scheduled my surgery and quit smoking for good. All over the extreme emotions map have me, myself, and I been. Between the nicotine w/d, the Chantix mood swings, and me feeling guilty about taking care of me.......WHEW! I am happy to be in a very good place emotionally and spiritually, hopefully for good. The Dr's office gave me a paper that has the emotional roller coaster timeline for after surgery which I think is very good to know and expect so I can roll right on through that. Basically I am ready! I have a walker, a recliner, a raised toilet seat, heating bad and ice packs. My meds are waiting for me to pick them up. I bought a cute PINK sweat suit from Victoria Secret to wear uncomfortably to the surgery but comfortably home (without the large tummy and large boobs). I hope to get the courage for full disclosure....the pics. We'll see.

On my way

I'm thrilled to say that today is the big day. I'm so ready, so excited! I'll post when I can. Good luck all you lovelies, next time I'll be on the flat side!

2 days post op

I did it! SO happy to be on the flat side. I love Dr. Larson. He came by at 10pm to check on me, then again at 7am. I'm doing well, staying asleep a lot. Good luck everyone! I'll give more details later.

Home sweet home

I'm sore and bruised. I've slept a lot. I have the BEST caregiver that I could ask I won't be able to see my new body until tomorrow. I don't have a lot of pain, unless I cough. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

Photo

I can't believe I am sharing this before shot. When I first saw it, I was shocked. I knew I looked bad and was overweight, but this is not how I feel. I feel much better than I look. I have had lots of difficulties in the past 10 years including 2 seperate fusion surgeries on my spine and a car wreck that I was thrown from the vehicle about 30 feet and that nearly killed me. I have overcome a lot and found true love. After my wreck in 07 I was sedentary for several years and gained a lot of weight. It took some time to get my fighting spirit back, but I did. I lost about 70 lbs and was left with what you see here. That isn't the real me though. I adore my ps and his staff because they seem to see the light inside me. With the support of my husband, I am beginning to match the outside to the inside. I am one week post op and feeling great. I'm not pushing it. I am doing exactly as I am told. My results so far exceed my expectations by a mile. I will post a pic of me today. Just do it if you are on the fence. It isn't easy, it hurts a LOT. But that passes. If you are in Atlanta, see Dr. Larson. He is kind, funny, serious, and oh so very talented.

After pic

I'll add more pics, this was the night of surgery and I am completely blown away! Never dreamed I could be like this again.

3 weeks

Hello girls! I am looking great! Still have my drain (1) and would rather have it than swell too much. I'm taking it very easy and waiting for my energy to come back. I'm spoiled rotten by my sweet husband who takes care of everything! Love Dr. Larson! I've seen him weekly and he and his entire staff genuinely care for me and are on top of everything. I love my results!!! It has been harder than I expected, both physically and emotionally. I have very little energy and I am sure that is partly due to my age. Things are great for me, I am just patiently waiting for healing. I absolutly LOVE my little girls! I LOVE my flat stomach! I have much healing and scar treatment to complete, but the worst is way behind me and I am so happy.

I'm getting better every day

Pictures today. I find it difficult to post nudes on this sight, but I am very happy with my progess. I will never be a tiny petite flower. I am, however, feeling better and better everyday. I am a Goddess!

Wow

Finally got my drain out yesterday and had a lymphatic massage today. Also started scar treatment. Still taking it so easy but feeling human again. Not sure why, my body just didn't want to stop with the fluid production so I was at 26 days with that BITCH. (I named my drain). Glad we finally broke up.

Getting better all the time

I'm getting better and better. I just ordered another smaller waist nipper. Still had some fluid which had to be drawn out with syringes. I had more feeling than I expected down there!!! We'll see what happens next week!

Photos

37 days post op

7 weeks

Hello ladies, I had my 7 week ck up today and graduated so I was sent off with a big hug and my next appt is in 5 weeks, or, my 3 month mark. I am so thrilled with my ps and his entire staff. I am so happy that he was very careful with me and saw me every week to make sure we had no problems. I am thrilled with my results! We have scheduled our tropical vacation and I plan on spending 7 days in luxury, wearing bathing suits! I am actually going to wear a bikini!!! Or 4! Woo hoo!!!
Hope you girls are feeling better and healing well. I thank God for your love and support.

8 weeks

Hi ladies! I love reading all of your stories, and I'm feeling so much better and so happy. This is the best thing I've ever done for myself! I'm still working on things everyday, like my center of gravity has changed. Like, I knew how to make the most of my fat body, I'm still learning how to rock the new me. Lots of my things fit beautifully, and I wonder how did I wear this before? I am slowly becomibg comfortable in my new skin and I suppose it's because this is the 1st Wednesday of 2017 that I haven't seen my favorite Dr. His care is completely perfect. I never considered that it might be unusual to have to go back weekly for 7 weeks. I never felt that anything was anything except perfectly normal. How many after care visits did you have at 8 weeks? I will tell you that the swelling is tough. I hate/love my 3rd corset (3 sizes)
and I think there must be something better. I do love my spanx type, but I don't like the legs going down my thighs. Also, my sides are still wide and my masseuse says she van still feel the warmth from the inflammation in my sides. Its fun shopping in my closet. I need new jeans and new bras, but its a little too soon for either. I did buy a bikini though. How are y'all feeling today? I hope you are well. Just know that one day you will get off of the crazy train of ups and downs, and you will be happy and GRATEFUL. XO

3 months post op. Feeling good!

Saw my ps yesterday and his great team. All is well. We discussed revision surgery to be done at 6 months on my dog ears. Try as I might, I simply cannot massage them away! Not looking forward to it, as I'll be awake, but it must be done. They can't be seen with clothes on of coarse but I'm spending a lot more time naked, lol. Loving life, loving my new bod, loving my hubs, LOVING SEX! Thank you Dr. Larson!!

Dr. Larson and his staff are hard working and busy. They make me feel special! He has done an excellent job for me and I'm still shocked when I look in the mirror. Thanks Dr. Larson!!!!