My back used to hurt me almost constantly but no one would take me seriously. When I would complain about how bad my back hurt people would tell me "oh you're too young to be having back pain" and I would think to myself "YES! I am too young for this!" but I had that pain anyway. I was unable to stand for long periods of time and exercising was so difficult for me. Bras never fit right and sports bras were even worse and that caused pain too. I just never felt comfortable with my body. Before the surgery I always felt that my breasts were saggy. They were so heavy and they always looked like they were pointing at the ground and that caused a lot of self-consciousness for me.
It has now been 5 weeks since my surgery and I have never been happier with how I look and feel. One of my biggest concerns going into surgery was the pain and healing process. There honestly was some pain after surgery but it was no where near as bad as I thought it was going to be. I bruise kind of easy so I did have a good bit of bruising after and my right breast took longer to heal than the left. My bruising is pretty much completely gone now though. Another thing I was worried about was the scaring after surgery but here I am at 5 weeks and my scars are looking great! I honestly think that with time the scars won't be noticeable at all. You can hardly tell that they're there now.
My last concern was the cost of surgery. I do have insurance through work but I was worried that they wouldn't cover the surgery since it's cosmetic. After my first appointment with Dr. Moody they submitted everything to my insurance and 2 weeks later they called me to tell me it had been approved! My insurance covered 70% of the surgery and so I was only responsible for the other 30%. Now I'm not someone who just has money lying around. I'm pretty young and I'm just starting out on my own so even with my insurance I was really worried about being able to cover the cost of surgery. Luckily for me, they are so good about working with people so they can afford their surgery. I had to make a small deposit before the surgery ($250) and now they are letting me make payments on the rest (about 1,200).
Now I've talked about all of the amazing things that came along with my surgery but I have to tell you the not so great parts. The worst part about the whole surgery for me is sleeping on my back! I am a side and stomach sleeper so for the first few weeks it was almost impossible for me to get comfortable! I've also never had surgery before and I didn't know how the anesthesia would affect me. I was constipated for almost an entire week. I think I was finally able to go potty the day before my 1 week check up but that was also one of the worst parts.
My doctor was Dr. Moody and I would like to say how great she was through the whole procedure. She was very friendly and took all of my concerns very seriously from the beginning. Whenever I had questions I could call or email her office any time and they were always glad to answer. I have recommended her to any of my friends who've thought about a reduction!
Sorry this review was so long but I hope it can help someone who has been thinking about getting a reduction. This whole experience has worked out so well and has made me feel so much better. I would recommend it to anyone and if you're in the area, I highly recommend Dr. Moody.