Does Zytaze Work for Botox Longevity?

Is it true that the prescription drug called "Zytaze" may prolong the effect of Botox injection. Do you have experience on whether it works on your patients? If not, do you see any reason it wouldn't work?

Zytaze

Although there are some studies suggesting that Zytaze may prolong Botox effect, understandably with the little benefit potential most patients are not interested in trying this approach.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Zytaze

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Zytaze or zinc might help Botox longevity but not for most

Since Botox requires zinc in order to work, the idea of the Zytaze enzyme supplement is that it is supposed to help absorb zinc from your diet. Most people have adequate zinc anyway. I did a small study that suggested Botox may work faster and last a little bit longer by taking zinc supplements for a few days before the injections, but I can't say for sure. If you have not had the expected results from Botox then maybe trying some zinc would help.

Zytase and Botox longevity

While there are some studies suggesting that Zytase may prolong the effect of Botox, there is nothing definitive. At this time, there is not sufficient grounds to recommend Zytase.  

Zytase and Botox longevity