Why are my breasts not growing? (photo)

I am 18 years old and my boobs haven't grown at all. I've had my first period when I was 13. I also can't seem to gain weight even how hard I try. I am really self conscious and I am not confident with my body. Is there a way to make them grow?

Breasts Not Growing

Good Afternoon and thank you for your question, first of all you should know that  breast augmentation is an option for you, however I suggest that you see your primary doctor first to rule out another possible reasons for this, maybe it’s only a predisposition to small breast. If you decided to do a Breast Augmentation, you can see this before and after from a real patient and have an idea of the results.

Why are my breasts not growing?

Thank you for your question. Some women are predisposed to small breasts. Speak with your family doctor regarding your weight concerns. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Implants

Thanks for your question.  There is no specific way for you to make your breasts grow larger.  If you gain weight, become pregnant, etc they may become larger.  But the simplest and most reliable way to increase your breast size is with augmentation (breast implants).  The goal of breast augmentation for most patients is to increase the size of their breasts to be in proportion with the rest of their body.  Breast implants can help you feel less self conscious and help with your confidence.  I would recommend seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in person examination to discuss.  Patients are usually very pleased after surgery and enjoy their new implants.  Good luck.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Hello, I would recommend evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss the process of breast augmentation with you. I feel that an augmentation would be the most reliable way to acheive a larger breast size in you. Good Luck. 

Needs more time

Your breasts may enlarge slightly over time. Otherwise, we do not have any creams or medications to develop the breast tissue.  Implant surgery is available and can help.

Why Are My Breasts Not Growing?

Thank you for your question and photo. Some women are genetically predisposed to small breasts. If you have overall health concerns, it would be a good idea to meet with your primary care physician for assessment. If you would like to discuss surgical breast augmentation, book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.
All the best

Breasts - why have mine not developed?

Thank you for asking about your bresat develoment.
  • I truly understand your frustration -
  • You do have breasts but they are small -
  • Small breasts can be inherited, can be from being thin, or both.
  • The only way to have larger breasts is with breast implant surgery -
  • There is no other way to enlarge them that we know of so far.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS