My top half of my head is "peanut shaped" but I'm young so it's not volume loss? (photo)

When I look at pictures of myself I often notice how the part of my fave above my cheekbones dips inward, making my face look bigger at the bottom than it really is. It's not loss of volume as I'm really young. I have a really masculine forehead anyway, this doesn't help. What causes this/what can be done?

More Feminine Hairline

Some women are born with a male pattern hairline and some men wishing to transgender to a women would like a more feminine hair line as well. Sometimes brow smoothing is needed to reduce a masculine appearance and sometimes just a hair transplant if brows are already feminine. Please follow link to see before and after pictures of a male to female transgender patient who desired a more feminine hairline. Hope this helps.

Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Are you looking for forehead reductions or hair transplant lowering of the hairline?

Forehead reduction surgery comes in two types, the first is a surgical procedure that gives you same day results, the second is a hair transplant that takes 6-7 months to see. For men, my only concern is in the potential balding that may occur as most balding starts about your age and advances until the mid-thirties. If that happened to you (your risk) then you will have to get a hair transplant to cover it as the frontal area is the place that genetic balding starts in the young man. On my website, there are great pictures of hair transplant lowering procedures in women on our Home Page and in our gallery on our website (see below), you can see hundreds of men who had their hairline replaced, lowered or improved. The link below discusses hairline lowering and one good picture of a surgical result in a man done by a named doctor.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon