Can the pulsed dye laser treatments cause loss of underlying facial fat?

I am receiving PDL treatments to get rid of red spots on my face caused by rosacea and acne scarring. I am 34 and already spent a lot of money on facial filler so I do not want to do anything that may cause loss of any facial volume.

No, laser depth of penetration is very superficial for pulse dye laser

The 595 nm of pulse dye laser is very superficial, in fact it only penetrates to the upper layers of the dermis. For larger deeper vessels we use a long wavelength laser. Pulse dye laser does not cause fat loss because the level of penetration is weak, and the amount of heat delivered is very short. Rest assured it will not dissolve filler, nor will it cause fat loss. All the best, Dr Davin S. Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Pulse Dye Laser

Any of the pulse dye lasers can be used on redness and "broken capillaries" The Dye laser does not penetrate to the fat layer so cannot cause fat loss.  Hope this helps.  

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

V-Beam and Redness

V-Beam is the gold standard for treating redness or rosace and does not cause volume loss.  In fact, the V-Beam produces new collagen.  Please consult a specialist.  Best, Dr. Green

No worries, no volume lost--Pulsed Dye Laser for Rosacea

Pulsed Dye laser won't change the volume/fat content of face.  For rosacea pulsed dye laser or excel V is the best and focuses only on redness. See an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.