Wrinkles in front of ears. What's the best treament for a 50 year old male? (Photo)

Hello! I'm a 50 year old male with preauricular wrinkles that are really bothering me. The rest of my face is in pretty good shape and I'm usually told I look younger than I am. My dermatologist injected Sculptra into this area a couple times in addition to fractional CO2 but with no noticeable change. I'm open to surgical options, fillers, whatever is need to make them go away!! Thanks so much for your input!!

Preauricular wrinkles

Skin at the cheeks and jawline tends to sag over time and contributes to wrinkles in front if the ears and a heaviness at the mid-low face. A suture lift called Silhouette lift would lift and reposition the lax skin and offer durable support.  The suture has cones that stimulate collagen production and absorb over time (no barbs like older techniques).  This can be done in combination with skin excision called an S lift if significant redundancy is noted but for milder laxity, the silhouette is enough and can be retightened later if needed.  

Council Bluffs General Surgeon

Ear wrinkles

Looking at your photos I would recommend a simple Quicklift procedure which would address this issue.It is not bad and conservative treatment would be best.This is a simple outpatient procedure.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles in front of the ear.

Excising the excess skin wrinkles and putting the incision in the ear margins and doing a TCA peel will correct the problem the nicest for roughly $3000 and is so worth it and is easy to undergo. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Wrinkles in front of ears. What's the best treament for a 50 year old male?

Best result is an anterior mini facelift incisions. Seek these option under local anesthesia fee $2,000. range... 

Preauricular Wrinkles

I have found great success in using Sculptra combined with fractional co2.  To maintain the results, adding Ultherapy or Thermage.  The co2 has to be quite aggressive in settings and the sculptra you need multiple treatments (vials).  A minifacelift would help as well and hides the scar in the ear line.  Fractional radiofrequency (Elos) has been working well in my hands as well.  There are many options.  Maybe a second opinion with a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon will help.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Wrinkles in Front of Ears

The photos show a normal preauricular crease and wrinkles associated with facial aging. As you have seen, Sculptra in this area will not be helpful.  Fractionated CO2 laser could be effective at very high settings.  However, the best option for this problem is surgical, as this redundant skin is typically removed in a Mini-lift or Facelift procedure. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Preauricular creases

This is an area that many physicians don't address.  My suggestion would be to come in for an ArteFill skin test, since this is the filler I would suggest - because it lasts!  We need to do a skin test to make sure you're not allergic to the collagen that the ArteFill is in.  If you don't react within 2 weeks to the skin test, we can take the wrinkles away! 

Laura E. Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon