Fillers for Glabella and Radix Region?

Premature aging and weight loss has given me 'gaunt' looking lower forehead (above the eyebrows) and narrow temples. The glabella and radix between my eyes look narrow and sunken even though I have no wrinkles, folds or lines there, it's so bony that I'm seeing a bump at the top of my nose bridge that was never noticeable before when the fat used to cover it.

Can volume be restored in those areas with fillers? I want a fuller/youthful glabella/radix region the way it used to look some years back, also to camouflage the bump on top of my nose.

Doctor Answers 2

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The radix (hollow at the top of your nose) is one of the areas that a true "non-surgical" rhinoplasty can be performed. A hyaluronic acid filler, such as Restylane or Juvederm can be used to fill this hollowed area to camouflage the newly formed bump.

Using a hyaluronic acid filler is also reversible and if you don't like the result, it can be dissolved with another injection. However, it is important to go to a rhinoplasty specialist since the filler should be placed deep and used to augment the skeleton of the nose and not be placed too superficially. There are risks of using fillers that should be discussed with the treating doctor.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 141 reviews

Injectable fillers work well in the bridge of the nose.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you'd like to see more volume under the skin of your nose, you could consider injectable fillers. There is no downtime, and procedures can be performed painlessly with topical anesthetic.

You should consult a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon familliar with the use of fillers in the nose. You would also benefit from seeing before and after photos of fillers in the nose.

Best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 435 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.