Pink eye. Can I still apply Latisse or should I wait? (Photo)

Got pink eye when I had my lash extensions inserted been wearing lash extensions for 3 yrs this is the first time this happens can I use lattise while I have pink eye or should I wait ? Do I need to remove my lash extensions ? Is that why my pink eye keeps coming back ?

Discontinue Latisse

Yes you should absolutely stop using Latisse and treat the pink eye condition with your primary care provider. Only continue once the pink eye has been cleared up.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse and Eyelid Swelling

if you have irritation around the eyelids, please do not use latisse.  Please have your eye physician treat the current condition before using latisse.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Latisse and eye infections

You should absolutely avoid using Latisse while your eyes are infected. As to the source of any recurrent infections, you should see your healthcare provider. 

Melissa Toyos, MD
Nashville Ophthalmologist

Thank you for your question in regards to Latisse. It is not advised to continue the use of latisse if you ahve an eye infection, such as pink eye. It is best to wait to use latisse until the pink eye has cleared up. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS