When Do You Expect to See Skin Peeling After Full Face Deep CO2 Laser Resurfacing?

I am on day 4 post op after full face CO2 laser resurfacing with fat grafting under the eyes and continuing all prescribed aftercare with Aquafor, dilute vinegar + water rinses, and light washing with dove soap. My skin continues to be swollen and very bright red, with no peeling in sight. It does feel very dry after mild cleansing, but I was told the skin would come off in brown sheets. Have you ever seen a patient that did not peel after this procedure?

After care for deep laser resurfacing is multimodal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Peeling may not occur in some patients on a grand scale but rest assured that deep C02 laser resurfacing will have some positive effects as long as you properly take care of your skin. This entails proper hydration and deep moisturization using Elevase Moisture Booster, UV-A and UV-B protection with antioxidant boost (Spectrase), as well as a cleanzing system for daily skin care and melarase to reduce hyperpgmentation. This is provided in a All-You-Need kit that makes it easy to acquire and use. We place all of our patients on this Brightening Kit. See link below. 

Peeling may not happen all the time with co2 resurfacing

Peeling will usually happen 3 to 10 days after your co2 resurfacing. It all depends on how deep and aggressive the resurfacing was done. The deeper the longer it takes. If you really took care of your resurfacing, you may not peel. The peeling could come off with the regular washing that you are doing, which is a very good thing. The redness and pinkness could mean you are already done with the majority of your healing, especially if there is no oozing going on.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon