When can coolsculpting be done after liposuction? (photo)

I had liposuction of flanks, upper & lower abdomen, and hips five months ago. The left flank is slightly larger than the right. I do not think there is enough difference to warrant lipo revision and thought coolsculpting was a good alternative. I would appreciate feedback of time limits following lipo and if it would be effective in my situation.

Coolsculpting be done after liposuction

The photo suggests that you may be a good candidate. The company has suggested to wait 6 months post liposuction to treat with coolsculpting, but this duration will vary on a case by case basis.

Coolsculpting after lipo

I would recommend you wait at least 2-3 months after lipo to consider CS.  Please visit with a board certified PS who offers CS.  Best wishes.

CoolSculpting after liposuction and skin laxity

There is no definitive rule for how long to wait after liposuction to perform CoolSculpting, but a few months would generally be considered sufficient. CoolSculpting is an effective therapy and good option in your situation, though a skin tightening procedure may help address what appears to be some skin laxity.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting after liposuction

We do a lot of CoolSculpting treatments on patients who have had liposuction and have seen excellent results. Generally, we like to wait a minimum of 6 weeks after a liposuction procedure before we start CoolSculpting. Looking at your photo it seems that you also have some loose skin in the area which would benefit from a skin tightening procedure after your CoolSculpting is complete. For the most accurate assessment you should be seen for an in-person consultation. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculpting after liposuction

I have performed CoolSculpting successfully in many patients who have had liposuction previously. To answer if you are a good candidate I would recommend an in person evaluation. It is best to see a physician who has experience in CoolSculpting as this treatment was developed by two Harvard dermatologists. The success of the procedure depends heavily on the evaluation of the patient.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Without examining you it is a little difficult to say if you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting.  In general though, if you can pinch about an inch of skin and fat in the uneven area, you should respond beautifully to this cryolipolysis. 

I have treated many patients who have had liposuction, and CoolSculpting works just as well as it does in other patients, and has the added benefit of smoothing out the ridges we see in patients who have had liposuction.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Cool Sculpting after liposuction

Generally it is best to consider a range of 3 to 6 months depending on the complexity of the procedure. Please be seen and examined and released by your plastic surgeon. If they don't have a Cool Sculpting device please consider having your before and after photos as well as your records to pre and post weight for your consult. 

Coolsculpting After Liposuction

Coolscultping is a great procedure for targeting specific bulges, especially after liposuction.  We have been able to revise many uneven bulges in an easy non-surgical way.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in Coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results.