How Much Does Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost?

I've had three children and sex just isn't the same, and I would like to have things back the way they were before children. Can I get the estimated cost of vaginal rejuvenation?

Cost of Vaginal tightening or rejuvenation

The costs will vary depending on what needs to be done. Namely perineoplasty, anterior or posterior repair. In some instances pelvic laxity may be considered a covered benefit\ of your insurance plan. First meet with your gynecologist or urogynecologist to discuss your concerns. However, depending on what needs to be done fees can vary from 5-12,000 USD.

Vaginal rejuvenation cost will vary from area to area

The cost of vaginal rejuvenation, including anesthesia and surgical facility fee, will be around $8-9000. I do fat grafting in some cases to help with the vaginal wall atrophy.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost

Vaginal rejuvenation is a general term for over a dozen procedures to improve the look of the vulva (the external structures) or the vagina (the vaginal canal) or both. What you might need will vary greatly depending on the specifics of your situation. Nonetheless, the following tips will help you:

First, ask if there is a consultation fee. If so, ask if the fee will be credited toward the surgery if you decide to go ahead.

Second, ask if your medical insurance will cover any related charges such as bloodwork testing, prescriptions, etc. In some cases, where medically indicated pelvic floor reconstruction is found to be necessary, the insurance might even cover the cost of surgery - don't get too excited, these situations are exceptions, but it never hurts to ask.

Third, ask if there is a facility fee. This is the cost of "renting" the operating room for your surgery. If the surgeon conducts the procedure in-house, the facility fee will be lower or absent. Don't forget to ask what the facility fee does and does not include (e.g. nursing, anesthesia, recovery). Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery or whether it's on the meter like a taxi (by the hour, by the 15 min block, etc).

Fourth, ask if there is a charge for anesthesia. These procedures are conducted via local, IV sedation, or general depending on the circumstances. Local is cheap, but not always an option. General is usually most expensive and not always required. Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery.

Fifth, ask if there will be a surgical assistant fee. This may be another surgeon, or a professional scrub tech.

The only thing left is the surgeon's fee. Of course, quality doesn't come cheap, but if you've done your homework on steps 1 through 5, you'll make the best use of your resources.

In my practice, I use a global fee that covers everything except the anesthesiologist.

Other considerations:

Don't forget to ask if there is a charge for followup visits to monitor your healing. Few if any surgeons would charge for this service, but if you don't ask...

Also, ask about your surgeon's touchup policy. If he/she does touchups that require a steep facility fee, you might get stuck the bill even if they don''t charge a surgical fee.

Cost

a labiaplasty alone runs around $3500, it is approximately the same cost to perform a vaginoplasty which tightens the vaginal muscles.

Cost of vaginal rejuvenation

The cost of vaginal rejuvenation varies widely across the country based on physician experience, what exactly needs to be performed, location of the surgeon, etc. Instead of just providing you with a large range of what it could cost, what I recommend doing is scheduling a few consultations with experienced board certified plastic surgeons in your are who specialize in vaginal rejuvenation. You do not want to choose your surgeon purely based on price. So meeting with a few surgeons who can explain their approach to vaginal rejuvenation, as well as present their cost to you, will help you make the best decision possible. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Vaginal rejuvenation cost

It depends upon what surgeon and facility you go to as well as the region of the country. Also, what all needs to be done.... That said, external vaginal rejuvenation/ tightening with labiaplasty usually runs around $3000-6000 in this area of the US. (Texas)

Cost of vaginal rejuvenation.

The cost of vaginal rejuvenation will vary depending on the severity of the condition and what other procedures are done in conjunction with the labia minora reduction (e.g. clitoral hood reduction, labia majora reduction, mons reduction, etc.).  The fees can typically range from $4000 - $7000. 

When it comes to vaginal rejuvenation, you definitely do not want to choose your surgeon based solely on price. Make sure he/she is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is experienced with these procedures.  The surgical techniques that are used today are much more sophisticated than those used in years past, and it is important to find a surgeon who is experienced with them.

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost

Price varies depending on the surgeon and city in which they are located. Prices can range around the $2500 to $4000 mark. In fact, this is less expensive then other procedures, such as breast augmentation and tummy tuck surgery. 

Miami Pricing for Vaginal Rejuvenation

Average pricing for Vaginal Rejuvenation is between $4500 to $6000. This would include Surgeons Fee, Anesthesia, OR costs, and follow ups.

Vaginal rejuvenation

I perform labiaplasties but not vaginal rejuvenation. The total cost of a labiaplasty is $4500. Best of luck.