How Much Does Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost?

I've had three children and sex just isn't the same, and I would like to have things back the way they were before children. Can I get the estimated cost of vaginal rejuvenation?

Cost of Vaginal tightening or rejuvenation

The costs will vary depending on what needs to be done. Namely perineoplasty, anterior or posterior repair. In some instances pelvic laxity may be considered a covered benefit\ of your insurance plan. First meet with your gynecologist or urogynecologist to discuss your concerns. However, depending on what needs to be done fees can vary from 5-12,000 USD.

Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost

Vaginal rejuvenation is a general term for over a dozen procedures to improve the look of the vulva (the external structures) or the vagina (the vaginal canal) or both. What you might need will vary greatly depending on the specifics of your situation. Nonetheless, the following tips will help you:

First, ask if there is a consultation fee. If so, ask if the fee will be credited toward the surgery if you decide to go ahead.

Second, ask if your medical insurance will cover any related charges such as bloodwork testing, prescriptions, etc. In some cases, where medically indicated pelvic floor reconstruction is found to be necessary, the insurance might even cover the cost of surgery - don't get too excited, these situations are exceptions, but it never hurts to ask.

Third, ask if there is a facility fee. This is the cost of "renting" the operating room for your surgery. If the surgeon conducts the procedure in-house, the facility fee will be lower or absent. Don't forget to ask what the facility fee does and does not include (e.g. nursing, anesthesia, recovery). Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery or whether it's on the meter like a taxi (by the hour, by the 15 min block, etc).

Fourth, ask if there is a charge for anesthesia. These procedures are conducted via local, IV sedation, or general depending on the circumstances. Local is cheap, but not always an option. General is usually most expensive and not always required. Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery.

Fifth, ask if there will be a surgical assistant fee. This may be another surgeon, or a professional scrub tech.

The only thing left is the surgeon's fee. Of course, quality doesn't come cheap, but if you've done your homework on steps 1 through 5, you'll make the best use of your resources.

In my practice, I use a global fee that covers everything except the anesthesiologist.

Other considerations:

Don't forget to ask if there is a charge for followup visits to monitor your healing. Few if any surgeons would charge for this service, but if you don't ask...

Also, ask about your surgeon's touchup policy. If he/she does touchups that require a steep facility fee, you might get stuck the bill even if they don''t charge a surgical fee.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN

Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost

Price varies depending on the surgeon and city in which they are located. Prices can range around the $2500 to $4000 mark. In fact, this is less expensive then other procedures, such as breast augmentation and tummy tuck surgery. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Vaginal Rejuvenation costs in Orange County, CA

Hi Arc1981,

In Orange County, CA the price for vaginal rejuvenation ranges from $3000-$4000 depending on the complexity of the procedure. This price is for a series of three treatments, spaced 6-8 weeks apart. I would recommend scheduling a consultation to see if this is the right procedure for you. 

Sohila Zarandy, MD
Ladera Ranch OB/GYN

Miami Pricing for Vaginal Rejuvenation

Average pricing for Vaginal Rejuvenation is between $4500 to $6000. This would include Surgeons Fee, Anesthesia, OR costs, and follow ups.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

It depends

Vaginal rejuvenation is pretty broad term.  Labiaplasty or  perinoeplasties can address stretched or excess tissue through surgical procedures.  We also offer diVa which is a dual wavelength laser treatment to improve vaginal health, including increased lubrication, decreased laxity, and improvement of stress urinary incontinence.  Additional use of PRP (platelet rich plasma) can further improve vaginal and sexual sensation and  function.  Surgical procedures are typically 5-7k, laser procedures 3-4k

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Vagina rejuvenation cost

There are 3 different options for tightening this area after children. A physician who performs these procedures regularly can tell you the pros and cons of each approach for you specifically. 

The first option is surgical reduction of the vaginal canal. This includes removal of excess lining of the vagina with tightening of the muscles underneath. Recovery is about 6 weeks. Because this requires general anesthesia, costs are usually between $5000 and $10000.

The second option is laser or radiofrequency tightening of the tissues. This procedure has a few days of minimal downtime and is usually $500-$1000 per treatment. Most patients require 2-4 treatments plus possible maintenance treatments every year or two. 

Finally, some patients can achieve enough tightness by having a "mini" surgical procedure under local anesthesia to tighten only the entrance of the vagina. This can cost between $3000 and $5000 (or more if general anesthesia is added). 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Prices published

All of my prices are published at the link below.

Vaginal rejuvenation can be a lot of different things. A labiaplasty for example is about $5000. A vaginal tightening surgery is around $4000. Lasers are less powerful and have less long term results...

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD

Vaginal changes with children and aging.

After child birth the vaginal canal is stretched. Some women develop vaginal prolapse/ laxity related issues due to this. Also, the aging causes the vaginal tissue to be thin and less lubricated. This can make sexual activity uncomfortable.  Multiple options for women to consider include treatment with estrogen creams( $300/month), Laser vaginal therapies or radio frequency ($2.1-4K) or  surgery ($5-10K). As a surgeon who specializes in complex vaginal reconstructive surgery, I have found that the Laser ( MonaLisa) and radio frequency (ThermiVa) options at our specialized center is very effective to restore women to a more youthful state with no cutting, down time or anesthesia. The MonaLisa takes 5 minutes with minimal discomfort while the ThermiVa takes 40 minutes with no discomfort allowing my patients to return to work the same day.

John Hettiarachchi, DO, FACS, FPMRS
Charlotte Urologist

Cost of Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery

Cost of this procedure depends on conditions present on your pelvic exam and specific symptoms you are having. Often when vaginal looseness is present following vaginal deliveries, there is some degree of prolapse. Prolapse occurs when surrounding organs drop or protrude into the vagina. When this is the case, A formal prolapse repair in conjunction with vaginal tightening is recommended. This is done under anesthesia and is billed through your insurance. A consult with a female pelvic surgeon/urogynecologist will allow you to decide on the best treatment options. 

George Shashoua, MD
Austin Urogynecologist