How Much Does Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost?

I've had three children and sex just isn't the same, and I would like to have things back the way they were before children. Can I get the estimated cost of vaginal rejuvenation?

Cost of Vaginal tightening or rejuvenation

The costs will vary depending on what needs to be done. Namely perineoplasty, anterior or posterior repair. In some instances pelvic laxity may be considered a covered benefit\ of your insurance plan. First meet with your gynecologist or urogynecologist to discuss your concerns. However, depending on what needs to be done fees can vary from 5-12,000 USD.

Vaginal Rejuvenation costs in Orange County, CA

Hi Arc1981,

In Orange County, CA the price for vaginal rejuvenation ranges from $3000-$4000 depending on the complexity of the procedure. This price is for a series of three treatments, spaced 6-8 weeks apart. I would recommend scheduling a consultation to see if this is the right procedure for you. 

Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost

Vaginal rejuvenation is a general term for over a dozen procedures to improve the look of the vulva (the external structures) or the vagina (the vaginal canal) or both. What you might need will vary greatly depending on the specifics of your situation. Nonetheless, the following tips will help you:

First, ask if there is a consultation fee. If so, ask if the fee will be credited toward the surgery if you decide to go ahead.

Second, ask if your medical insurance will cover any related charges such as bloodwork testing, prescriptions, etc. In some cases, where medically indicated pelvic floor reconstruction is found to be necessary, the insurance might even cover the cost of surgery - don't get too excited, these situations are exceptions, but it never hurts to ask.

Third, ask if there is a facility fee. This is the cost of "renting" the operating room for your surgery. If the surgeon conducts the procedure in-house, the facility fee will be lower or absent. Don't forget to ask what the facility fee does and does not include (e.g. nursing, anesthesia, recovery). Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery or whether it's on the meter like a taxi (by the hour, by the 15 min block, etc).

Fourth, ask if there is a charge for anesthesia. These procedures are conducted via local, IV sedation, or general depending on the circumstances. Local is cheap, but not always an option. General is usually most expensive and not always required. Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery.

Fifth, ask if there will be a surgical assistant fee. This may be another surgeon, or a professional scrub tech.

The only thing left is the surgeon's fee. Of course, quality doesn't come cheap, but if you've done your homework on steps 1 through 5, you'll make the best use of your resources.

In my practice, I use a global fee that covers everything except the anesthesiologist.

Other considerations:

Don't forget to ask if there is a charge for followup visits to monitor your healing. Few if any surgeons would charge for this service, but if you don't ask...

Also, ask about your surgeon's touchup policy. If he/she does touchups that require a steep facility fee, you might get stuck the bill even if they don''t charge a surgical fee.

Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost

Price varies depending on the surgeon and city in which they are located. Prices can range around the $2500 to $4000 mark. In fact, this is less expensive then other procedures, such as breast augmentation and tummy tuck surgery. 

Vaginal changes with children and aging.

After child birth the vaginal canal is stretched. Some women develop vaginal prolapse/ laxity related issues due to this. Also, the aging causes the vaginal tissue to be thin and less lubricated. This can make sexual activity uncomfortable.  Multiple options for women to consider include treatment with estrogen creams( $300/month), Laser vaginal therapies or radio frequency ($2.1-4K) or  surgery ($5-10K). As a surgeon who specializes in complex vaginal reconstructive surgery, I have found that the Laser ( MonaLisa) and radio frequency (ThermiVa) options at our specialized center is very effective to restore women to a more youthful state with no cutting, down time or anesthesia. The MonaLisa takes 5 minutes with minimal discomfort while the ThermiVa takes 40 minutes with no discomfort allowing my patients to return to work the same day.

Cost of Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery

Cost of this procedure depends on conditions present on your pelvic exam and specific symptoms you are having. Often when vaginal looseness is present following vaginal deliveries, there is some degree of prolapse. Prolapse occurs when surrounding organs drop or protrude into the vagina. When this is the case, A formal prolapse repair in conjunction with vaginal tightening is recommended. This is done under anesthesia and is billed through your insurance. A consult with a female pelvic surgeon/urogynecologist will allow you to decide on the best treatment options. 

Vaginal Rejuvenation in OC

Hello Arc1981,

I would recommend being consulted by your gynecologist to see if you are a good candidate for vaginal rejuvenation. In the Orange County, Ca area the average price is $3000-$4000. That price includes 3-4 treatments that are spaced 6-8 weeks apart. Hope this help, Dr Faraz

Vaginal Rejuvenation cost

The cost of vaginal rejuvenation really depends on the procedure. We offer both surgical and non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation. The cost also depends on the experience and location of the surgeon. The fees varies. The best way to know the true cost is after a full consultation. Do your research and find a real Plastic Surgeon and book a paid consultation with the doctor (or his/her Physician Assistant). Free consults are just a sales pitch and does not work in your best interest. People always say “you get what you pay for”. This is very true in Plastic Surgery. The cheapest fee may not give you the best outcome. Its your body.

Below are other criteria to use when selecting a Plastic surgeon.

Questions to ask your potential plastic surgeon (Answering NO is a big red flag)

1) Are you a plastic surgeon? (You should research the differences between cosmetic surgeon & plastic surgeon. Make sure that your plastic surgeon is a trained surgeon! You may be surprised)
2) Are you board certified in Plastic Surgery? (Board certified in what? You are looking for the American Board of Plastic Surgery. There are many boards and some are fake. Make sure that the certifying board is a member board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the American Osteopathic Association.)
3) Will the procedure be performed at a fully accredited & certified procedure room or ambulatory surgery center, or hospital
4) Do you have hospital privilege to perform the same procedure you do in the office? Which Hospital?
5) Do you offer complication insurance. How do you handle complications and revision (it does happen, it better to be safe)

The most important decision is to do your homework well. Good luck.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Vaginal rejuvenation

Please refer to my video below in regards to the costs of surgical vaginal rejuvenation with a vaginoplasty to tighten the vagina. Best wishes.

Cost of vaginal rejuvenation

The cost of vaginal rejuvenation varies widely across the country based on physician experience, what exactly needs to be performed, location of the surgeon, etc. Instead of just providing you with a large range of what it could cost, what I recommend doing is scheduling a few consultations with experienced board certified plastic surgeons in your are who specialize in vaginal rejuvenation. You do not want to choose your surgeon purely based on price. So meeting with a few surgeons who can explain their approach to vaginal rejuvenation, as well as present their cost to you, will help you make the best decision possible. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD