How Much Does Nipple Reduction Surgery Cost?

What is a fair cost for nipple reduction all by itself? 

Nipple reduction costs

Depending on the scale of what is needed to reduce the nipples and type of anesthesia, the cost can vary from $1500 - 5000.  Patients often use the term nipple and areola together and some patients are looking for both an areolar reduction as well as a nipple reduction.  I would recommend visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your concerns and develop an appropriate surgical plan.

How Much Does Nipple Reduction Cost?

Nipple reduction surgery may fall in a range of about $1500 - $4000 depending on geographic area and technique used. Choosing a good surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery should be higher on your priority list than price, since your final outcome depends on that decision.

Click on the link below to view a short, informative video about nipple reduction, including before-and-after views.

All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Nipple Reduction Surgery Cost

Nipple reduction is performed in our office procedure room under local anesthesia. If it is being performed with a larger breast surgery, such as an augmentation/lift/reduction, it is performed in the operating room. Our cost for nipple reduction is $1500 for both sides. 

Nipple Reduction Fees

Thank you for your question, this is a common procedure i perform at my clinic in Laval/Montreal. Every patient is different and requires a consultation prior to any surgery which usually costs between $75-$150. This fee will normally be deducted from your surgery fee. A typical Nipple Reduction surgery varies between $750 - $1500. Regards,

Nipple reduction cost

The estimate you received is about average. In Toronto, it ranges from $2000-$3000 for both nipples. Factors that can contribute to determining cost include where you're located, the surgeon, the surgical facility and technique applied during surgery.

Nipple reduction cost

Pricing depends on the mostly on the area and the particular surgeons' demand.  In my practice it will generally range from $1500-2500 depending on the technique to be used in your specific case. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD, FACS

Nipple Reduction Cost determinants

Nipple reduction prices vary greatly because the s a wide range of due to a number of variables including differing techniques that can be performed. My recommendation is to first find a few qualified surgeon  board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, that you trust, then compare prices between them. In our office it is approximately $1,500. Factors that influence the price include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office? (doctor's office is least expensive)

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN? (local anesthesia will save you money)

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board  certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how much will be removed, one or both sides, etc.

Nipple reduction

Bilateral nipple reduction under local anesthesia in my office facility would cost about $2000. A procedure ith sedation would be more expensive but this should not be necessary.

Nipple reduction surgery

In our office nipple reduction surgery costs,  done alone and under local anesthesia, ranges between $800 to $1200.

Nipple reduction is an  excellent procedure for the patient suffering from prominent  nipples. This procedure can reduce the height and width of the nipple, usually preserving sensation. It can be done under local anesthesia or in combination with other procedures (under general anesthesia).

I like to use the “sleeve” technique to reduce the height of the nipple. This procedure leaves the core of the nipple intact preserving nerves and lactiferous ducts.  The  suture line  generally heals  very nicely in this area. The width of the nipple can be reduced by removing a triangular segment from the tip area.

Atlanta - Nipple reduction pricing

The range for the nipple reduction at our licensed facility is $1,500.00 to $2,000.00. We would need to see you for a consultation to give an exact price. The consultations are free.