Is second Miradry treatment going to make a difference?

I had the Miradry done about a week ago. I've seen quite a few reviews where people said their sweating had stopped completely. Mine didn't. I still sweat!! Maybe not as much as I used to (still need to test it in FL heat), but definitely more than I expected. I had Miradry done on level 5. I am unsure whether I should bother with a second treatment. Level 5 obviously didn't destroy my sweat glads. Why would it do it next time?

Miradry Number of Treatments Needed

Hi and thank you for your question!

We have some patients who are happy after one treatment, but many who need a 2nd treatment, even at level 5. The two treatments are need most often in patients who had more sweating or odor to begin with. I had the treatment myself and have been thrilled with my results. I have had one so far and plan to do my second after three months.

Dr. Grant Stevens

One or more miraDry procedures - Williamsville NY - Center for Excessive Sweating

At the Center for Excessive Sweating, we offer every treatment option available for axillary hyperhidrosis, including miraDry.

We have been performing miraDry since 2011. Our technique is perfected such that > 86% of our patients require a SINGLE miraDry procedure. This is where experience counts ! A meticulous and thorough reduces the likelihood of requiring a 2nd miraDry procedure.

Miradry treatments for the armpits

Many of our patients need a second round of Miradry and this is quite normal. Miradry is an extremely effective treatment and some patients just need more of it. I would say...Go for it. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Second miradry treatment

Two treatments are recommended to ensure maximum benefit. Usually after the first treatment there is approximately an 80% reduction in sweating and the second treatment will reduce the perspiration even more.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Second MiraDry treatment

About 80% of people will stop sweating with only one miraDry treatment.  20% will need a second treatment.  Go ahead and get it done.  You will be happy.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

North Western Vascular MiraDry

We have found that 80 to 90% of patients get an excellent response on level 5 after just one treatment. However, some patients will benefit from a second treatment if their hyperhidrosis is particularly severe, and I would encourage you to proceed after a period of 3 months. It is still early days, so be patient your symptoms may settle.   We are in Melbourne, Australia and our fully accredited MiraDry practitioner has treated numerous patients with outstanding results.