105lbs, 5'2 height, 13cm breast width. Will 425cc-450cc be to big? (photo)

So I'm getting my breast argumentation done in less than a week. And I'm wondering if 425cc-450cc will be too large for me, but I do like and want big breast just not ridiculously large. I'm 5'2, 105lbs, my breast width is 13cm. I'm pretty narrow in the chest with not my chest tissue but have a bit of breast tissue.. My surgeon suggested high profile 425cc-450cc. And said I'll most likely be a DD or larger.. is this true?? Is this too large?? Also should I get a lift??

Breast Augmentation Sizing

400+ High profile implants are going to really stand out and look big.  You might be ok with 400+ moderate profile. 

105lbs, 5'2 height, 13cm breast width. Will 425cc-450cc be to big?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Breast lifting does not appear to be necessary.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural look” or "D or DD cup" or "too big" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Based on your breast (and chest) measurements your surgeon should be able to help you pick the best implant size and shape.  It would appear as though you could place an implant of that size as long as your goal is to have large breasts.  It looks like the left breast may be larger than the right.  If so, sometimes different implant sizes will be used on each breast.  Make sure you go over all of these questions with your surgeon.  I don't believe a lift will be necessary.

Sounds a bit excessive….

It would be impossible to any surgeon to reliably tell you what size implant you would need without examining you. And, truth be told, it is not the VOLUME of the implant that is critical, but the SIZE, SHAPE, and PLACEMENT of the implant. FIrst, size not volume. You can have two implants of exactly the same VOLUME, but be entirely different sizes and shapes: Implants can be round, tall, flat, "anatomic," form stable, narrow, broad, etc. A saline implant is also very different from a silicon implant, and that probably has more effect on your outcome that simply the volume of the implant.

It really comes down to the size and shape of your chest and breasts and what your cosmetic goals are.

That said, I would think that at only 5'2" and 102 pounds, a 425-cc implants sounds a little excessive, though I tend to shoot for a result that is subtle and natural.  Judging from your height, weight, and pictures, the 13-cm base width sounds wide.  And the implant should really be a bit small than your actually breast width/chest wall, so that it doesn't extend past the lateral limits of your chest wall (in which case is will "show").  If 13 cm is really the actual base width of the implant, then 425 cc would be about right for a moderate or high -profile round breast implant.  Moderate and high profile would give you a result that really stands out (literally). Yes, probably a DD.

If your breasts are larger than your actual chestwall, then the other thing you may wish to consider is a silicone implant that is "anatomical" in shape, rather than round  This would give you the volume and height to match your breasts without being excessively wide and extending past the lateral limits of your chest wall.  The results can be subtler and more natural.

What profile to get?

Usually, most people have the widest profile that they can handle without creating symmastia.  If the moderate plus is beyond 13 cm, then you need to go with the profile to get the volume you want.  Your nipples will point outwards as they currently do, one more so than the other.  Implants will only make your breasts larger and my focus with augmentation is making sure the upper poles are level as you heal.  And you do not  need a lift and please do not let anyone talk you into one.

Curtis Wong, MD

Size of implants

From your description of size and weight and your photos, 425 cc implants may look fake and be too big for your torso - especially if they are placed under the muscle.  However, your surgeon needs to make this decision at the time of surgery.

Breast Augmentation

Choosing the size and type of implant highly depends on your measurements, goals, limitations, and the surgeons artistic vision.  It requires a thorough consultation and is highly individualized.  There are many methods to establish the size and type of implants.  Your safety and long term results are priority.   

Need to chose your surgeon very carefully to make sure he is board certified and has extensive experience, and he/she has a clear understanding of your expectation.  You are a great candidate and should get great results.

Payam Jarrah-Nejad, MD

Size

Thank you for the question and the photo and size is an individual decision based on measurements and putting implants in a bra till you see the volume on your chest that you like. Then your surgeon can pick the shape implant that will work for that volume.  "too Big" is a value judgment -. in whose eyes?

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

Cup size cannot be determined based on implant volume, so your surgeon shouldn't have implied you'd be wearing this bra size, whether he is right or wrong. Cup size is a bad way to talk about augmentation anyway. In-office sizing in front of a mirror will give you immediate feedback how you'll look with a given implant volume. The bra you may be wearing after your surgery is really irrelevant. 

Beyond your aesthetic goals, tissue based measurements are crucial to ensure your implant choice does not surpass your anatomic capacity.  Too frequently both the surgeon and the potential patient talk about breast width as if it were the only measurement used to make this determination. It is not, and it is not even the most important of measurements.  You should revisit your surgeon as soon as possible, get measured (not just BWD), and get sized. 

As an aside, you should also request an inframammary incision and the use of an implant funnel to reduce your risk of capsular contracture.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Using tissue based measurements to plan breast augmentation, I believe that's the size that you are picking is too big. I also believe that based on your own size and dimensions it will make you look top-heavy. I think the point of breast augmentation Is to try to have enough for results that people don't know that you have had surgery instead of making you look fake  and obvious that you've had a breast augmentation. Size is truly a choice that you make and if you'd like to be big, you can push the envelope to about 350 or so but I would not go much bigger.