How Much Weight Should I Lose Before Full Body Liposuction?

Hello! I am a 26 year old female, am 5ft 8in, weigh 200lbs, 38C chest, 37 inch waist, and wear a size 14. I would like to do full body liposuction and was wondering how much weight I should lose before going under the knife. I would like to go down to a size 8...In my adult life I have never worn any article of clothing under a size 10. How much weight should I lose to meet my liposuction goal? My legs are very thick, is there liposuction of the calves?

Weight Loss and Liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
To achieve the best results, patient should be at their goal weight as liposuction is not a form of weight loss. Liposuction removes the fat pockets and contours the body

How Much Weight Should I Lose Before Full Body Liposuction

Vaser liposuction, also known as Vaser #lipo, LipoSelection or Liposuction, is an advanced body #contouring procedure that selectively removes unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, #Vaser lipo uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to gently #reshape your body. There are three types of #Vaser Lipo. Each benefit patients differently depending on their needs.

However, vaser liposuction is NOT a method of #weight loss or an alternative to diet and exercise. It does not affect one's metabolism. It is usually recommended that patients who have recently experienced weight loss and massive weight loss (#MWL) remain consistent at their weight for at least six to twelve months prior any cosmetic surgery. Such will better ensure longer lasting results of the procedure without risking the fluctuation and stretching of the skin tissue.
An ideal  #candidate for Vaser Liposuction is a person in good health who seeks a minimally invasive way to remove stubborn fat with less downtime than traditional #liposuction.  Vaser is ideal for those seeking improved definition of muscles and contouring.  Those who seek increased sculpting of are ideal vaser lipo candidates.

It's best to begin consulting with a board certified plastic surgery to learn if you are a candidate for liposuction. If so, you will then learn more about which #technique will work best for you and your goals. It is important you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with #vaser #liposuction. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.

Liposuction and body

If you are overweight, it is always best to get to your goal weight prior to having surgery.  From that point a plan can be formulated to determine what is best for you.

Weight lose before liposuction

AS it  is  known , the   plastic surgery  it  is  not   an  speciality to treat  overweigh   ,  as   much   as    you  can lose   is the best ,      Maybe   it   will   be  helpfull for  you to go under a  treatment    with  nutrictionist  or  endocrinology   in order  to the   do it   in  a   balanced   and adequate   system.all the  risk   related     the  surgery  are    going to be   reduce  . Besides   this    it   would  be  good  to  have  an  evaluation   with  certified   physician    because    having    this  weigh    i  am  not   sure    that   with   only a   liposuction  you are   going  to  have  standars   results ,  sometimes    it is   not   enough    to remove   the  fat   because    there  are    other  components that   needs  to be   repared  specailly in the  abdominal  area   as  is the  fascia ,   that   gets   loosy   after  pregnancy  and  other  personal  condiftions  .It   would  be  of  interest    that   after     you reach    your  goals ,     visit a  physician   and   he   will  recomend   you the  best  procedures  to be   done  after    all  your  effort    you should  do   what  is recomended   

Cynthia Disla, MD

Full Body Liposuction

Liposuction is body contour surgery, not weight reduction.  It is best to lose the excess weight before surgery. With this as your goal, check out weight watchers.  We have had many patients who have reached their goals with this.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

You should lose as much as you possibly can. It is unusual to see more than one size change even with maximum liposuction (usually held to be 5 liters of aspirate, weighing 11 pound of which maybe 9 is fat).

To reach a size 8 at liposuction, you would have to lose enough weight to fit into a size 10, preferably fitting loosely. 

Areas to be treated would be evaluated as you approach your weight goal

Thanks for you question, all the best. 

How Much Weight Should I Lose before Full Body Liposuction

Your question is a good one. My recommendation is that you lose as much weight as possible before your liposuction procedure. I do not think that liposuction should be performed on somebody who is in the process of and still losing weight. With our patients we emphasize diet and exercise and then proceeding with liposuction after losing as much weight as possible. Minimizing body fat will always optimize the result. Liposuction of the thighs, legs and calves is possible and can be performed with a high degree of patient satisfaction. Good luck with the process.

Randy B. Miller, MD

Full body liposuction usually takes 3-4 procedures.

If you've lost weight already by dieting and exercising and reached a plateau, then lipo can be done anytime now since it is a great motivator. Usually the abdomen and hips(flanks) are done in 1 procedure; the thighs and buttocks in another; the midback, axillae and arms in a 3rd procedure; and the knees, calves, ankles and neck/jawline in a 4th. Each run roughly $5-6,000 on special and can be done a few days apart. All this is dependant on doing lipo under local tumescent (not general anesthesia) and you being in good health otherwise, etc... Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

I think that losing 30 lbs or so would probably give you the best result, provided that 5 liters of lipoaspirate is removed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction on the whole body?

Hello and thanks for your post. Your body mass index is 30.4 and this would make you have higher risks with liposuction and other types of cosmetic surgery. Lowering your weight and BMI to around 25 would reduce your risks. It may not be realistic for you to lose this much weight, but getting the BMI below 30 would help. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD