Botox Caused Droopy "Captain Spock" Eyes - Help!

It has been a 5 days since botox and I look like Captin Spock. I have very expressive eyes and over the last couple days when I talk my outer brow will raise up while my inner brow does not move. It looks horrible. In addition my eyes are droopy and I feel a heaviness between the bridge of my nose. I called the Dr and she thinks I need more botox. I am terrified that this will make the droopy eyes even worse. Help. I am getting Married in 2 weeks. I can't look like this.

Botox caused Dr Spock-appearance

If one or two units of Botox is injected an inch or more over the outer two thirds of the eyebrow, it should help minimize the contraction of the previously untreated frontalis muscle that is compensating for the inability of the middle forehead to lift. Your inner eyebrows seem to be low and if no injections were done in the glabella, the region between the eyebrows, then treating the glabella can help lift the middle forehead and eyebrows. Don't do anything else more aggressive so close to your wedding. Congratulations, by the way!

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Injecting botox on the lateral forehead areas usually improves the Spock look.

Your doc is right.  You need to get a little more botox injected on the lateral forehead areas to relieve the "Spock" look and you should be fine for your wedding.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Spock look after Botox

Your doctor is correct -- more Botox targeting your lateral (outer) brow area will improve the "Spock" look.

Good luck.

Touch up for over arched brow

If you return to your injector, they should be able to touch up the brow arch by adding a few units to even out the lateral brow. Best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Yes the doctor's correct...you need a little botox in the outer portion of your

forehead and this will quickly and efficiently rest he muscles and return your eyes to a more normal position and in doing so eliminate the Dr. Spock look...often results when you opted for treatment just in the glabella and without any treatment to the forehead

Ken Landow, MD

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) injections and spock like brows

Any additional Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) to correct the "spock" like look will likely drop the brows further and may make your eyelids feel heavier.

Droopy eyes after botox

Unfortunately if you have droopy eyes after a botox treatment you may have to simply wait out the problem. Botox should wears off in 1 to 3 months depending on the individual and then your eyes will return to their original position. Until then there is noyhing to do.

Spock brow after Botox

Simple. Two more injections over the lateral brow will relax this look, and bring your normal appearance back.

More Botox is Typically needed to Correct the "Spock" appearance

Hi Julie Gorham, As the other plastic surgeons and dermatologists have already stated, more Botox generally helps to correct the excessively arched eyebrows, or "Spock" appearance. A little Botox is placed on the active areas at the sides of the eyebrows. Most patients return about 2 weeks from the initial injection for touch-ups as needed. Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting unwanted "Captain Spock" look after Botox

Since this is not a look you like, best to re-visit with your injector and have your lateral brow/forehead areas injected with a small amount of Botox so that the lateral elevation of your eyebrows does not continue to occur.

Good Luck!