If I am receiving 300 units of Dysport, how much should I be paying? She is calling it 3 areas

300 units - how much ? 3 areas - how much ? How long should 300 units last me ?

300 Units of Dysport

This a large amount for three areas. It is an entire bottle of Dysport. Typically the amount used is 160-180 units for three areas. The amount of time it will last varies. Prices vary from region to region. I recommend having a consult with your physician again.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

300 Units Dysport

Thanks for your question.  300 units is an entire bottle of Dysport, and would be an unusually large amount to use for a routine cosmetic treatment.  I would follow-up with your injector, and if they did actually use 300 units, I would seek a second opinion from a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to see if you actually need that much Dysport.  Pricing typically varies depending on region, and with your injector's experience/training.  I hope this helps!

Faiyaaz Kalimullah, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

300 units of dysport?

Hi! 300 is an entire bottle of dysport. Seems like a bit much. How long it will last varies as well as prices from region to region. You should ask your injector about how they price their units! Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Dysport

That is a large amount of Dysport for three areas. Normally, I use between 160-180 units for three areas. You may wish to consult your physician again, as that seems excessive.

David S. Felder, MD
Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dysport amount

Hello and thanks for your question. 

It may be a good idea to get a second opinion or perhaps there was a miscommunication. 3 areas should be 180 units of Dysport. I use this medication a lot and 300 units is nearly an entire bottle. This is far too much. 

3 areas should be around 1000$ depending on the location and the skill of the injector. Remember, with your face, you get what you pay for. 

Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician

Cost of 300 units of Dysport

The cost of Dysport, or any injectable agent used for cosmetic purposes, will vary by physician.  300 units of Dysport does seem on the high side for the amount to be needed to treat 3 areas, but the amount needed can vary by patient.  In my opinion, the normal range would be somewhere between 180-225 units of Dysport for 3 areas of the face.  If you have strong facial muscles or the area to be treated is larger than normal, then it could be possible that more would be needed.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

300 units of Dysport

This is too much for routine cosmetic use in the face. I use up to 140 or so in normal cosmetic treatments. Pricing is based on experience and location and varies greatly throughout the US.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Prices vary. However this is a vast amount of Dysort for "three areas."

Very few people need this much Dysport for cosmetic issues.  I recommend consulting other injectors in your area.  This would approximately like getting 100 units of BOTOX or Xeomin.  It is a whopping dose and it is improbable that you need more than a third of that dose.  See what other doctors in your area recommend.

Dysport cost

300 Dysport units is equivalent to approximately 115 botox units. This is on the high side for treating 3 areas ( rule of thumb around 25 botox units per area is often full relaxation) Not to say some don't need higher doses...but if you are new to using toxins and/or new to this injector perhaps start lower. That number of units could easily cost $1000+ but pricing varies- some go per area and some go per unit. 

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician