Is 800cc to large for being 6ft tall 155lbs, starting at 36A small B?

I tried them on today and have my surgery scheduled in 2 weeks. However after getting home and looking at some pictures of 800cc silicone implants they look massive and I wasn't going for a huge or pornstar look so its freaking me out a little. I'm hoping that being 6ft tall they wont look so outrageously huge?

800cc Too Large an Implant?

You are tall with a larger frame, so an 800cc might not be over top, but without photos it is difficult to give much guidance. Looking at pictures is not very useful unless the person looks exactly like you before their augmentation. The other concern is that it sounds like you don't have much breast tissue and an implant that large can seriously stretch your skin and thin your tissues. This can result in an unnatural appearance, visible or palpable implant, visible rippling and other longer term problems such as malposition or bottoming out. So you might consider going with a bit more moderate size.

36A/B, 6 Feet Tall, and Concerned that 800 cc May Be Too Big

Yes, that is pretty big, but if you have a wide chest so that your breast base is 15-16 cm + then they may be the right size. Since 800 cc is so uncommonly large, even for tall women, you would have to feel comfortable that the choice was based on your anatomy. Did you try the implants on? Did you have measurements to match your breast width, nipple to fold distance, and skin tightness to some objective way of determing breast implant size such as the Tebbets High Five system?  If you are freaking out, you need to take a time out, go back to your plastic surgeon one or more times and postpone your surgery until you are sure about the size. Women who are too big are more unhappy than those who are a little bit too small, because the consequences are not just the aesthetic appearance but carrying all that weight around. The long-term effects of heavy, excessively large implants on the breast skin is irreversible tissue damage.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Is 800cc too large for being 6ft tall 155lbs, starting at 36A smalll B?

An 800 cc implant is a very large implant.  There are a small number of women who's bodies are large enough to tolerate this size implant and/or who like this large appearance.  However, most women will find an implant of 800 cc to be too large or too heavy.  Ask to try the 800 cc implants on in a bra.  Not only will you have an opportunity to see how they will look, you will also be able to determine how heavy they will feel.  Your sugeon can help guide the selection process, but you should be the one who makes the final determination as to what size is best for you.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Whether 800cc too large dependent on your nipple and inframammary crease position

Whether 800cc is too large for you is dependent on position of nipple and inframmary fold; the distance between these two on stretch cannot be smaller than the implant radius.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

800 cc implants

are fine if you sized with external sizers and liked the look of anything 700 cc's plus... due to your height, you can certainly carry more volume and only you can decide on what is too big.  So if not comfortable, size again and bring some friends or others to give you input if your surgeon won't do that for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

In my view 800 cc implants might be a bit large if you are 6 feet tall. See if 650 - 700 is more comfortable for you

Fred Suess, MD

To get a good aesthetic result, the implants must fit the chest both in width (they should sit where a normally developed breast would sit) and in projection. Without an exam there is no way anyone on this site can give you implant size advice. But 800cc is huge.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Implant Size

Good morning! Typically speaking, an 800 cc implant is very large, especially if you are currently an A or small B cup. It doesn't seem that even though you're 6ft tall that you're not a larger size person from the sounds of your weight. But, the correct size can only be determined by measurements taken. If you're unsure, maybe you should seek a second in person opinion. Better to be safe than sorry post op! Best of luck to you!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Thank you for the question. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.  Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to "larger" breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.