Can I Have Vaser Hi-Def Abdominal Etching After a Tummy Tuck, Or Would it Damage the Muscle Repair?

I am wondering if it is possible to have Vaser Hi-Definition Liposculpture of the abdomen after having a full tummy tuck with muscle repair? My main concern is whether or not the Vaser procedure will damage the muscle repair. Since the cannula is passing so close to the muscles with the abdominal etching procedure, it is possible for it to disrupt or loosen the permanent sutures holding the abdominal muscles together? Also, how long should one wait after TT before having the Vaser procedure?

Vaser hi-def possible after tummy tuck

Yes VASER hi-def can be performed after a tummy tuck; I recommend waiting at least 3-6 months after the procedure to allow maximal healing; waiting this amount of time will allow healing of the muscle plication sutures as well; I have performed both VASER and SLIM Lipo on patients after their tummy tuck and they do very well, so good luck with your procedure!

Vaser hi-def possible after tummy tuck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

High Definition Vaser after abdominoplasty

• A full abdominoplasty will involve removing excess fat, skin and repairing so called diastase's -areas of fusion of the muscles. This becomes widened with muscle laxity and excess soft tissue. This weak point normally reinforced with specialized sutures only or a combination of these with a a special mesh support.
  • During Vaser High Definition procedure an ultrasound wand and liposuction cannula will pass just above these areas in order to show mid-abdominal groove, not 'scape fat' from the muscle.
  • I would recommend waiting for 6 months after the tummy tuck. This will allow scar maturation tissue repair after abdominoplasty. During this period patients also advised to tone up their muscles .

Although theoretically liposuction could disrupt muscle repair sutures, in practice it should not happen. Liposuction is more about gradual sculpting of the fat not about scraping the surface of the muscle causing bleeding. In Hi -Def liposuction not only is the fat removed but it is sculpted volumetrically and differentially with more fat removed to enhance natural borders and depression to accentuate the underlying muscular anatomy. This does not require scraping the top of the muscle repair either.

Polish your results!!

I think that adding liposuction to a tummy tuck will always improve your results. In my experience, I do Lipoabdominplasty (combining both). The issues are that we can't be super aggressive with the liposuction because it could represent a compromise to the abdominal tissue. In this case, staging sound like a better option, this way you can get very thin on the abdominal tissues. Remember, that in Liposculpting or  Hi Def liposuction not only is the fat removed but it is sculpted volumetrically and differentially with more fat removed to enhance natural borders and depression to accentuate the underlying muscular anatomy. So it's not only what you take but what you leave behind. 

Best, Dr. RG

Polish your results!!

Best, Dr. RG

Vaser hi def lipo 4d

I appreciate your question.

Vaser assisted liposuction utilizes ultrasound to emulsify or melt felt prior to removal. It is also used to etch or define the muscles and normal anatomy to enhance the results. I use a specialized technique to remove the deeper fat areas and sculpt the superficial fat, so that one can achieve the goal of having not only a flatter stomach but also a more defined and curvaceous body if wanted. I can use this technique on the arms as well.

I also use the fat removed to graft into the pecs for men or breasts for women as well as into the arms and other areas to further enhance muscle definition.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery and high definition body contouring.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Vaser hi def lipo 4d

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Ok for etching after four months

Many thanks for your good question. Your choice of Vaser may cause some weakening of the midline suture repair but consult your Vaser expert. Here are some tips for etching:
  1.  Keep your incision scars low so that it is hidden in the smallest bathing suit
  2. Have your surgeon use Xeralto or Lovenox to reduce your risk of blood clots
  3. Use incrimental compression garments during and after surgery to reduce risk of leg blood clots
  1. The surgeon places the marks when you are standing and abdominal muscles are flexed
  2. I prefer power assisted liposuction but there are a few talented surgeons using Vaser
  3. Your surgeon gently shape your abdominal flap to create a more athletic appearance and muscular contour
  4. Etching is aggressive fat removal to enhance six pack grooves
  5. Foam padding is used in the etched areas to improve the early results
  6. Begin post operative massage one to two weeks after surgery to speed recovery
  7. Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon and visit several offices
  8. Choose a surgeon with good experience, doing more than 100 per year
  9. Internet discussions do not replace the advice of your physician

Ok for etching after four months

Vaser Liposuction

You will have to discuss this with all the doctors involved with the procedures. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vaser Liposuction