Ultrasound for capsular contracture?

After undergoing reconstructive breast surgery with implants I've developed capsular contracture on one side (the side where my cancer had been and the side which underwent aggressive radiation therapy). I'm looking for a professional in Vancouver BC Canada who offers ultrasound therapy to treat capsular contracture. So far, I've had no luck finding anyone.

Capsular contracture and ultrasound

Capsular contracture in reconstructed irradiate breast tissue is extremely common.  Ulktrasound may or may not have some success, but in general the best reatment is, unfortunately a flap (latissimus dorsi) to replace the irradiated tissue and bring in new skin and muscle with its own blood supply.  Certainly it is worth trying the ultrasound first, because it is non- invasive.  But if unsuccessful, redo surgery is your best bet for a good result and soft breast.

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Ultrasound for CC

While while there has been some data suggesting success using ultrasound for  Capsular Contracture, there is no general consensus as to the type of ultrasound, it's depth or frequency. In our office, we have had early very good success treating Capsular Contracture with a newer technology using acoustic sound waves. This technique is called Z wave. Hope this is helpful. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Ultrasound for capsular contracture?

I recommend that you consult with your Plastic Surgeon  and ask him/her for a referral.. There are other non surgical treatments that your Surgeon might be able to offer. keep in mind- ultrasound treatment carries some risks, even though it's promising. Again, best to discuss with your Surgeon