Fraxel Dual or Cosmelan to treat Melasma in brown skin?

I am an Indian with skin tone is similar Hispanic skin. I am concerned about hyperpigmentation with Fraxel Dual. Would Cosmelan be better? I plan on taking precautions (reduce sun exposure, apply hydroquinone etc) before the procedure. Since 1927 is the frequency used to treat melisma in the Fraxel Dual, can I ask the doctor to set 1550 to a low power setting (or even turn it off) to reduce the chances of hyperpigmentation? Thanks for reading my post A

Treating Melasma in Dark Skin Patients

Based on your skin type and the Melasma that you are treating I would recommend you looking into Cosmelan.  Fraxel laser with your skin type can cause additional hyperpigmentation.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lasers in all skin types.