How to remove red/purple scars after mole treatment? (Photo)

I used a treatment called Mole wart vanish I found on Amazon to remove 2 small flat moles. I thought I only used a small amount but maybe it was too much, it burned my skin and now I am left with 2 red marks. I've been using silicone sheets daily on these marks. Can laser such as Fraxel be used to minimize the appearance of these marks?

How to remove red/purple scars after mole treatment?

Thank you for your question. It would probably be better to use a laser that reduces pigment. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeons office for a treatment that is best for you.

Red marks from mole removal

Fraxel does not treat anything "red" or vascular.  The best laser to treat redness is the V-Beam laser.  The redness may fade on its own but it can take a long time.  Please consult a specialist in lasers for the best cosmetic results.

How do yu treatment red scars after mole removal

I agree with the prior answer, a vascular laser such as the VBeam laser will work.
Or, give the spot time to fade. it may take a year but the majority of red scars will fade to skin color within 1 year or so.

Susan Goodlerner, MD
Torrance Dermatologist

Red marks on skin treatment

These are best treated with a vascular laser such as Excel V or VBeam. One treatment will probably do the trick.

Steven F. Weiner, MD