Upper Arm Liposuction

Hi, I interetested in doing a upper arm liposuction ,as my arms are way heavier than rest of my body and make me look huger, please help me by advising me if I should go for lipo and what kind as i tried everything but have not been able to loose from my arms and also approximately how much it will cost thanks

Liposuction or Brachioplasty for Upper Arm

It’s not unusual for patients to request liposuction of the upper arms. This procedure is often associated with excellent clinical results and high levels of patient satisfaction. Unfortunately, the procedure isn’t for everyone and therefore patient selection is important. In cases where skin sag is present, liposuction can actually make the problem worse. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to perform an upper arm brachioplasty.

Although your pictures suggest that liposuction would be beneficial, it’s impossible to say with certainty without performing a physical examination. This exam would evaluate skin laxity and arm fat content. Multiple liposuction techniques are available if this approach proves to be viable. Currently tumescent liposuction represents the gold standard that all other techniques are compared to.

If you’re considering liposuction of the upper arms it’s important to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon. Ultimately, the experience and qualifications of this surgeon are more important than the technique chosen. This surgeon should be able to formulate an appropriate treatment plan for your condition. 

Upper Arm Liposuction

From you photo, you appear to be a good candidate for arm liposuction.  The expertise of the surgeon is primary, and the type of liposuction is secondary.  All techniques are good, if performed by an excellent surgeon.  GOod luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of upper arms

You will probably benefit by upper arm liposuction as there is an abundance of fat in the tricpes.  Some or most if not all the skin may contract and give you a wonderful result, but realize that some people have inelastic skin that does not retract and the fat may be diminished but the skin may hang.  If this is the case, then an arm lift is in order but unfortunately, this means that there will be a large, and possibly, unsightly scar.  Lipousction and Thermage may be helpful to decrease the need of an arm lift.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Arm liposuction

Yes, i think you would probably be a pretty good candidate for liposuction to these localized arm areas.  Good results are typically achieved in well selected pateints.  Costs will vary, so you will need to consult with a plastic surgeon.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Upper Arm Liposuction

Judging by the pictures, you seem to be a good candidate for #upper arm liposuction. You are a candidate if you have excessive subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise. If you wish to change the contours of your body. You may also want to consider VelaShape or tighten your skin after the excess fat is removed.
Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Patients with average weight, localized fat collections, and healthy elastic skin are the best candidates for liposuction. Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and give you the best advice.

The costs for liposuction of the arms

The cost of liposuction like other procedure vary considerably across the country and even in the same area depending on the cost structure. More expensive cities such as New York or Los Angeles, or areas with fewer board certified plastic surgeons may be more expensive than South Florida. Our liposuction price starts at $2800 + MD Anesthesia.

For the highest standards and cost containment, consult with experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons who own their own nationally accredited surgery center.

The surgeon must maintain the highest standards to maintain national accreditation, has significant interest in ensuring that all the staff are the highest quality and trained in the specifics of each plastic surgery procedure, ensures that the facility is comfortable and private so patients are more inclined to recommend friends and family, and maintain the most cost effective structure possible which eliminates waste.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Arm Liposuction

Heavy and even moderately droopy arms can be recountoured very effectively with liposuction. Liposuction modifies volume by sucking out fat and because liposuction stimulates the skin to tighten, good elasticity provides a smooth contour after fat is removed. The procedure takes about an hour and there's virtually no scarring. I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, in order to contour and resculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can easily reduce the bulge that some people have in their arms.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Arm Liposuctioning Candidate?

Thank you for the question and picture.

It is hard to know whether you are a good candidate for liposuction surgery of the upper arms without direct examination.

Generally, the “Ideal” liposuction patient candidates present with isolated diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue collection,  with overlying skin that demonstrates adequate elasticity ( to “bounce back” after the adipose tissue has been removed).

Furthermore, good skin elasticity is an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery. As we age we generally  lose some skin elasticity. After the liposuction procedure we are depending on the skin elasticity to allow the skin envelope to “shrink” to fit the reduced contour resulting from the liposuction procedure. 

I would suggest in-person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Lipo upper arms

I suspect there will be extra skin and though you are young it may contract somewhat but I would do lipo and if the skin is too much you can always do a skin reduction but if you start out that way and get bad scars they are yours forever.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the Upper Arm: Improving contour without an incision

Liposuction of the upper arm is great for extra fat in the inner arm area if your skin is of good quality. I would stick to tried and true liposuction technology; either standard suction assisted, power assisted or ultrasound assisted liposuction. The outer arm is difficult to contour secondary to the increased density of the fat. If you have excess skin, liposuction will not cause skin retraction, despite what the companies tell you, and in this circumstance the liposuction can be combined with skin excision, which is called a brachioplasty. I hope this helps. Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD