Is Belotero balance safe for lips?

How long does it last and can it cause lumps?

Belotero Balance is a great fit for lips!

Belotero Balance is definitely a safe choice when it comes to injecting the lips. While there are always associated risks with any filler such as causing lumps, I personally have not experienced this as being an issue with Belotero. The source of complications with lip filler can often be a result of the injector's technique so always be sure that you are being treated by a qualified medical professional with aesthetic experience. Belotero Balance has a FDA approval for the smoothing out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as temporarily adding volume for up to 6 months. I've seen it last on average 4-6 months. I really enjoy using Belotero for the lips because it is so natural looking. While reinjection is typically necessary sooner than you might be used to with some other fillers used in the lips, it's natural appearance makes it a huge plus.

Los Angeles Physician

Is Belotero balance safe for lips

Belotero creates an elegant finishing touch to your appearance, filling small gaps beneath the skin’s surface and improving the appearance of stubborn etched-in smile lines and vertical lip lines above and around the lips. When administered properly Belotero does not cause lumps and only produces natural looking results.

Belotero results

Results with Belotero will vary depending where on the face it is injected. For example, under eyes will last a year +. It is a great product for treating delicate thin skinned areas for volumization and fine lines. I would see an expert. 

Best, Dr P.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Belatro for the Lips

Hi and thank you for sharing your question here! Belotero is a hyaluronic  acid filler and it is can be used safely in the lips. However, it is very thin and it lasts for a relatively short time and does not make the lips that much full and pouty. It is a good choice for fine lines around the mouth or for hollows and dark circles under the eyes but if your goal is fuller lips, other hyaluronic acid fillers such as various types of Juvederm and Restylane Lyft are preferred. I hope it helps and good luck!

Elham Jafari, MD
Irvine Physician

Belotero: No Lumps or Clumps!

Belotero, although new to the United States, has been used in Canada and Europe extensively.  In fact, like the Juvederm family of products, there are a wide variety of Belotero fillers.  Unfortunately, only Belotero Balance is offered in the United States. After studying the physical properties of a number of fillers, I have found that cohesivity is an important property that distinguishes the Belotero line.  Belotero Balance has been used in lips, fine lines, and delicate areas like tear troughs.  My experience with this product has been very positive, and when used correctly, will not cause any lumpiness.  I highly recommend it, and use it extensively in my practice.  

David Owers, MD
Vancouver Physician

Lip Augmentation with Belotero or Juvederm or Restylane

Yes, Belotero can be used for lips. Technique is important to reduce the risk of lumps. I recommend using cannulas to reduce complications. For a fuller lip, these fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. Implants or fat are alternative options. See an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Belotero For Lips

Hi there and thank you for the great question. As my colleagues said, Belotero is a very fine and thin hyaluronic  acid filler. It is totally safe and can be used around the lip area - because it is indeed very thin, this is used mostly for slight definition or for the fine lines are wrinkles around the mouth. If you wanted a larger lip definition or volume, I would suggest a more viscus HA filler such as Juvederm XC or Restylane. Any of the HA fillers, as well as the amount, may cause slight bumps, which can be easily smoothed out with massage. Also, since the muscles in the mouth area are used so often, most fillers usually last only a couple of months. Hope this helps - have a great weekend!

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

#Belotero for lips

Dear t santierre;

Belotero is my favorite filler for lips. It has low cohesivity, which means it is the least likely filler to cause lumps when injected, and it does not swell significantly immediately after injection.  There is therefore usually no downtime after treatment.

In terms of safety it is just as safe as any other hyaluronic acid filler.

Patients usually return every 6 months for treatment.

All the best,    Dr. Clark 

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Is Belotero balance safe for lips?

Any filler can cause lumps, and that is often more a function of volume used than the filler used when talking about HA fillers. The more volume you put in, the higher the odds of having a lump. Most doctors are using some sort of HA for the lips, and Belotero can work fine as can Juvederm or any of the others in the hands of an experienced injector. 

Also know the only filler with FDA approval for the lips itself is Volbella, but we use other HA fillers in the lips and have for years, in an off-label fashion. 

Hope that helps,

CDK