Can I ride a motorcycle after breast enlargement?

18days ago I've had breast enlargement (315cc over muscle) and peri-areolar uplift of one breast.I'm recovering well, bruising and swelling is going down, I sleep on sides now.Can I ride a motorbike? It's a sports bike and so riding position is very low with majority of weight on core and upper legs, protective leather clothing is tight, usually adrenaline levels are quite high and the whole experience is tense.Is it safe and how tight can the clothing be on my breast to not to cause any damage?

Riding a motorcycle after breast augmentation

Your surgeon is in the best position to answer this for you based on your individual recovery.  Typically in my practice, I would recommend waiting at least six weeks before riding a sports motorbike.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Motorcycle 18 days Post Op

Thank you for your question. I wouldn't worry about the tight clothing so much as the increased use of pectoral muscles which you describe. I ask patients to refrain from strenuous upper body workouts for 6 weeks post op. Each Plastic Surgeon has their own preferred protocols and each case is unique so it is really best that you contact your Plastic Surgeon and let them give you specific advice.

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Motorcycle ride after breast augmentation - how soon?

Hi Magdalina,
First of all congratulations for a good result in 18 days time.While I have no intention to replace the opinion of your PS who may completely disagree with me but for my enthusiastic patient like you I will allow you to do so provided you take all precautions not to hit an accident for which its too early not to fall in trouble.
you can go as tight as you can comfortable can just to protect your self but what will protect you is not to look for too much of thrill and adernaline whree most distasters are caused.
Happy driving and good luck

Thank you for your question!  I would recommend contacting your plastic surgeon to answer this question.  Each surgeon may have a little different time frame as to when you can do vigorous activity.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

When can a patient resume writing motorcycle after breast augmentation.

This is a question that can only be answered by your own surgeon. In my practice you would be asked to refrain from any activity where the breasts might be moved about vigorously for four weeks.

Resuming activities

Congratulations on your augmentation! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of augmentation you had, meaning if the implants were under the muscle or not. Sometimes increased activity with one arm more than the other can lead to unmasking new pain. If the breast looks different and feels different, it is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. A supportive bra can help but you should check with your doctor if they would be fine with you being in a bra. Patients in general requiring narcotic pain medication should not operate machinery or drive as this can affect your motor skills and judgement. Best of luck, MMT

Marissa Tenenbaum, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Activity after BA

Thank you for your question. Though you are likely healed enough to do that activity, because of its intensity, I would probably have you wait a full 4 weeks. You should really get the approval from your surgeon who checks you in person. Enjoy!

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon