Endoscopic Brow lift; experiencing severe burning sensation on my scalp?

I had an endoscopic brow lift 14 months ago and I am experiencing severe burning sensation on my scalp. I would like to know why this is happening and can it be permanent. The incision on my left side is hard and bumpy and causes me discomfort. My surgeon has said it is scare tissue and will settle. The burning sensation is causing me distress and I am very worried. I was numb on my scalp for the first 9 months, the burning seems to have started after a that time.

Continue To Be Patient With Numbness and Burning Following Your Brow Lift

As a part of an endoscopic brow lift, the nerves that gives sensation to the scalp are identified and the tissue around the nerves is released in order to get the lift needed. It is not uncommon when doing this to bump up against the nerves.  Occasionally, when the nerve is touched, it can stop working for a while (which is why you got the numbness).  If the injury was bad enough, sensation through the nerve may be abnormal (the burning which you are experiencing). At this point there is not much you can do about it. Hopefully, as time goes on the burning sensation will resolve. Try and be patient.  It's really your only option at this point.  Good luck.

Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon