How long after a brow lift can you begin running and weight training?

Hi, typically we have Brow Lift patients refrain from any strenuous activity for 1 month following the Brow Lift.

Recovery from Brow Lift procedure

Hi and thanks for posting your question! The vast majority of patients have a fairly speedy recovery from browlift procedures. Stitches usually are out by 2 weeks. Swelling and bruising has typically peaked and resolved for the most part by 2 weeks as well. Some residual numbness, itching and burning of the scalp persists for months after the procedure.
I would advise you to avoid any heavy lifting,  heavy duty aerobic activity, etc for 4-6 weeks post procedure for best results. Typically patients are able to ramp back up on lower extremity aerobic exercise at 3 weeks post op without problems. 
hope that helps!

Exercise after Browlift

Dear runerin, I would ask your surgeon what his/her exercise specifications are since there are many different type of browlift procedures and different protocols from different surgeons. For light exercise I would say within two weeks you would be fine as far as running this would be dependent on distance and other variables, generally three weeks. Post operative instructions are reviewed with each patient as the recovery process proceeds. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

2 Weeks After A Brow Lift May Be Enough, But I Would Ask Your Surgeon

Every surgeon is different, and each surgeon knows how long he or she would like you to keep from exercising after a brow lift in order to get the best possible result. I usually have people wait 2 weeks at which point they can be back to full activity if they feel up to it.  Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD
Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have a very active patient population. In most cases, I release people to light activity at 1 week progressing to full physical activity at 2 weeks. However, many surgeons recommend far longer periods of light exercise. Please discuss with your surgeon and follow their recommendations. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op activity after brow lift

There are several techniques used in brow lifting that can affect recovery time.  Open vs endoscopic, endotine vs suture fixation, etc.  For this reason it is always best to follow your surgeon's preferences as he/she would know exactly what was done.  As a general rule, I would say minimum of 3 weeks before any rigorous activity, which may seem conservative, but given all that you have invested, is definitely worth waiting that extra week or so to ensure that your forehead and brows heal optimally.  Additionally, weight lifting and running can vary widely in intensity, so listen to your body if you feel pain or tightness, and definitely back off as needed even if it is after your advised restriction.  Best of luck on your recovery.

John Harbison, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restarting exercise after a brow lift

Holding off on exercise after surgery is to allow your body to heal without straining it. Although the likelihood of something happening is low, it is best to protect your surgical investment and follow all of the instructions and precautions requested by your surgeon. 

I typically ask my patients to hold off on strenuous exercise and heavy lifting for 4 weeks. Walking is encouraged while healing. After 4 weeks, I ask my patients to slowly rev up their activity. A month off from training is better than the time it would take to recover from a complication. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after browlift

Depends on the technique used for browlifting.  I tell all my patients they can start doing some light exercise around 3 weeks, and back to normal at 4 weeks.  That being said, everyone is a little different and your body will let you know if you are pushing it too fast (throbbing, swelling, etc).  Therefore, as they begin to do some light work around 3 weeks, they will know how quick or slow they can go.  But again, it also depends on the technique used as well.  Some get you back on your feet faster than others.  It is best to discuss this with your PS during the consultation as well.  Hope this helps. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon