Is Ultrashape Better Than Velashape?

I don't know if I should get UltraShape or VelaShape.  I am looking for a liposuction alternative that will help reduce my fat and cellulite, especially in my tush and thigh region.  Which one is better?

The machines do different things and can be used together

We use this technology everyday.

Ultrashape is designed to painlessly blast away fat cells with focused ultrasound.  Ultrashape is great for abdominal fat, flanks and thighs.  Think areas where you can pinch a few inches.

Velashape uses RF energey and skin manipulation to heat the skin and stretch the dermis to release some of the tension that causes visible cellulite.  The manipulation and heat smooths out the lumpy-ness associated with Cellulite and has a tightening effect on the skin (called circumfrencial reduction)

We would recommend Ultrashape first to get rid of the bulk (Velashape can not debulk), and then possibly use Velashape to smooth and tighten the treated area.  Together you'll have good results on both fat and cellulite.

We hope that helps - please let us know if we can help further.

Ultrashape removes fat

Ultrashape removes fat permanently.  Velashape tightens skin.  They do different things and are complimentary, although we have not had much success with Velashape and therefore only offer Ultrashape to our patients.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

They are Different!

Ultrashape is an ultrasound device that has been FDA approved to reduce fat, permanently. Velashape is an energy device that is used to temporarily improve the appearance of cellulite and to shrink fat cells, as well as tighten loose skin. Some patients do combine the treatments as they help each other to give the patient the best results. For instance, if you don't like your saddle bags on the thighs, we heat and tighten the skin first with Velashape and then perform the Ultrashape right after. It requires a few treatments but will target both issues. For the buttock area, I recommend the Velashape solely to improve the appearance. Just be aware that maintenance treatments are recommended with Velashape every 3-6 months to keep the great results!

Stacy Chimento, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

UltraShape vs. VelaShape

We do not recommend one over the other as we will only treat our patients with both to ensure they receive maximum results.  UltraShape melts the fat away, and VelaShape smooths/tightens the skin - so there is really not comparison as they are made to do different things.  To get the best results possible, do them together.

Thank you,

Dr. Zena Gabriel

Zena Gabriel, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

UltraShape is different as it uses ultrasound while Velashape uses radio frequency

These two methods are able to be used together.  In our practice, we usually use Ultrashape first and if there are areas that need further work we refine them with the Velashape.  They can be used together at the time as well, but we tend to try separately initially. 
Our patients seem to love the Ultrashape and the results are fantastic when used for the right person and right indication.  We don't use it for individuals who are significantly overweight or out of desired shape range, but it does well and seems to be much better tolerated (no pain!) than Zeltiq. 
Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

#Velashape3 ,or #Vela# and #Ultrashape for #non-surgical-body-contouring

#Velashape3 and #Ultrashape for #non-surgical-body-contouring
These are totally different but work together. 
For contouring,  its best to use both.   

For skin tightening  Vela3  is a better option used alone.
They both have great results compared with other older technologies

VelaShape is Different than UltraShape

VelaShape 3 uses infrared and radiofrequency to tighten the skin while at the same time stretching the internal fibrous bands to improve cellulite. UltraShape on the other hand is used to reduce fat resulting in a smaller waistline. When both technologies he is together as a synergistic effect and this is recommended for best possible results.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

UltraShape for fat reduction

UltraShape body contour destroys stubborn fat deposits.  In Canada, we have radio frequency as part of the UltraShape device to enhance the results and it may also improve cellulite as the fat is reduced.  I use SmoothShapes laser or Thermage for cellulite if needed after UltraShape.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Is UltraShape better than VelaShape

UltraShape and VelaShape are completely different technologies.  They compliment each other.  Specifically, the UltraShape uses non-thermal ultrasound to selectively destroy fat whereas, VelaShape uses radio frequency and infrared light to tighten the skin, reduce cellulite and shrink fat.  We uses these technologies together to yield enhanced results.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Treatments to Reduce Fat and Cellulite

Thank you for your question. For a reduction in cellulite, I would suggest Cellulaze. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. For a reduction in fat, I would suggest CoolSculpting, a non-invasive treatment that freezes fat cells in areas of stubborn fat.