What area should I get Botox injected, to fix my lowered brow? (photo)

I had botox in glabular and lateral brow which initially caused 'spock' eyebrows, but after 2 more injections to lateral brow has lowered brow causing eye wrinkles, it's been 3 months since last injection. If I just have my glabular injected will it bring my outer brows up again, and should I have my crows feet done too? Where exactly and how much should I have injections next time to prevent this happening again?

Botox browlift

You can accomplish a lift to the lateral brow if you treat the glabella and crows feet area.
The problem you describe is likely due to treating laterally above the brow, which will decrease the action of the frontal is muscle.  This muscle is the brow elevator and, when it's action is limited by Botox the brow will become "heavy" and drop.  You would typically use 20-25 units of Botox to treat the glabella and 20-25 units divided to treat the crows feet.

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chemical brow lift with Botox

The shape of the brow can be strongly influenced, for better or for worse, by the injection of Botox.
A little anatomy:
  1. Corrugators (glabella): push the brows together and down, forming the 11's.  
  2. Orbicularis (crows feet): squeeze the outer corners of the eyes together, pushing the brows down.
  3. Frontalis (forehead): elevate the brows, causing horizontal forehead wrinkles.
Botox temporarily reduces the strength of these muscles.  
  • If we want the brows to go up, we inject Botox to the glabella and the crows feet.
  • If we want the brows to go down, we inject Botox to the forehead.
During your first injection, you had Botox to the glabella and crows feet--and none to the forehead. This predictably raised your eyebrows--but more than you wanted.  During your second injection, you had Botox to the outer forehead, predictably dropping your eyebrows--but more than you wanted.

My suggestion:
  1. Wait for the Botox to wear off completely, so you can start with a "fresh slate."
  2. Undergo Botox to the glabella (approx. 20-25 units), crows feet (approx 20-25 units), and about 3/4 inch above the point of maximal eyebrow elevation on each side (approx 5 units).  This should enable a chemical brow lift without the "Spock" look.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Brow Lift

Proper placement of Botox is essential for a natural result.  Injecting too low in the brow area causes the brow to get depressed and the results that you described.  At this point I would wait for the Botox to be completely gone and consult an experienced injector next time to have the best results.  

Botox

I suggest you have a thorough consultation about your goals with your next Botox injection. Since it has been 3 months since your last injection, most of the Botox has metabolized and your facial muscles should be back to their baseline functioning now, if not very soon. Every face is different, and the amount and placement is all specific to the individual. Some patients have great satisfaction with just glabella injections, while others require multiple areas. It is a very individual thing. I suggest you pick an injector you trust, and follow up in 2 weeks after the next injection. They can correct the possible asymmetry or undesirable results, then. Good luck!

William Lambeth, MD (retired)
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon