Are there any side effect for miradry? What are they ?

Possible side effects of MiraDry for Excessive Sweating

We have been treating patients in the Chicago area suffering from hyperhidrosis and bothersome sweat since 2011. As one of the first Practices to offer the miraDry technology, we are also one of the most experienced. Patients typically need 1-2 treatments to see up to an 80% improvement for excessive sweating and sweat odor.

Inflammation and discomfort is normal immediately post-treatment and remains for a few days.  Although usually not needed, if you wish to apply antiperspirant/deodorant, you can resume doing so within a few days. Underarms could be tender for up to a week as they heal and other minor effects can include firmness/swelling in the arm or torso and redness or bruising to the area. Less common side effects that may last a little longer include bumps under the skin, darkening of the skin and altered sensation/numbness in the treatment area. These should gradually disappear over time - if they don't you should see your physician straight away. Partial hair reduction is also a long-term effect that patients typically see as a benefit (see miraSmooth for more information).

The best advice I could offer is to find an experienced Practice who manages your expectations appropriately in order give you the best treatment, and post-treatment care possible. 

Dr. Carolyn Jacob

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Side Effects of Miradry

Hi and thank you for your question!

I had the procedure done and experienced swelling, redness, bruising, tenderness for a week or two. What I found that helped them look and feel better was warm water massage while in the shower. Also, icing a lot the first few days.  These are the typical side effects we hear reported from patients, as well.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Side Effects after miraDry

The most common side effects after miraDry treatment include: bruising, swelling in the underarms/chest/breast, altered sensation, underarm hair reduction, lumps/nodules, and banding across the underarm. Mild bruising and swelling occur in all patients. All other side effects are much less common. All side effects after miraDry are temporary except the underarm hair reduction. 

Side effects of miraDry

Potential side effects of miraDry include temporary swelling, bruising, pain, paresthesias to name a few. It is best to consult with a medical professional experienced in this procedure to advise if this is the best treatment for you.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Side Effects from MiraDry treatment.

Common side effects we see in our office are: bruising, swelling, "lumpiness" and tenderness. These will usually subside within the first 2 weeks, but can last up to 6 weeks. You may also experience a decrease in your underarm hair, which for many of our patient is an added bonus. We commonly treat the swelling and tenderness with Ibuprofen and Tylenol, and tell our patients to ice on and off as much as possible for the first week. If at anytime you feel your symptoms worsening, please do not hesitate to re-visit your healthcare professional for evaluation and treatment.

I hope this helps, be well.

#sideeffects   #commonsymptoms   #miradry

Side effects of miradry sweat reduction

side effects of miradry sweat reduction
swelling , temporary  firmness, hair reduction

my personal healing took at least 6 weeks but most of my patients do well in the first one or two weeks

I am very satisfied with the reduction in my perspiration .  I do not have to use any antiperspirants . my shirts look better.   I strongly recommend this treatment

Miradry in Emirates

It is important to see someone with experience for the miraDry because effectiveness is related to technique and technique prevents side effects and complications. The worst outcome would be injury to nerve structures in the axilla but this is a very rare complications and should be recognized by certain anatomic subtypes such as very thin people. Proper tumescent anesthesia practically eliminates this problem. Other side effects are expected bruising in the underarm from the miraDry device, induration of the skin, both of which subsize within 2 weeks. Wound infection is extremely rare .

In our practice, 86% of our patients require only a SINGLE miraDry rocedure. This saves patients the discomfort of going through the procedure twice and reduces cost to 50% of MSRP by miraDry !

If you want to see the experts, come and visit our practice.

Read my ebook about miraDry on the link below.

We are a Platinum Plus Provider for miraDry, the only one in Western New York.

We are 10 minutes away from beautiful Niagara Falls, NY. 

Best
Dr Karamaoukian
#RealSelf100 Member