What type of doctor should I see to get a mole near the nose area removed? (photo)

This has been on my face from as a kid to now, I've tried using stuff like anti aging sun block after taking showers and it won't go away , should I go to a dermatologist ?

Who to see to have a mole removed

The good news is that typically when I remove a mole such as yours, I will usually use a "shave excision" method. The mole is actually "shaved off" at a very superficial level just below the surface of the skin. This method is quite effective to remove moles and leaves a minimal scar. The procedure typically takes less than a minute, and is fairly painless. The tissue that has been removed can then be sent for microscopic examination to make sure the mole is benign. Dermatologic surgeons are experts at doing this procedure.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Derm Surgeons are the docs to see for mole removals.

Your derm surgeon is the best to see when it comes to removing or evaluating your moles. Your mole should be an easy removal. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole Removal by Nose

Moles are the domain of the dermatologist.  From the photo it appears a shave removal would be sufficient for removal and also to confirm pathology.  Please find a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Dermatologist yes - with cosmetic experience !

There are two ways to remove this lesion:
- elliptical excision with sutures, which will leave a thin linear scar.
- shave excision which will leave a barely visible round scar the same size of the current mole. 
Make sure that the tissue is sent for pathology and to wear sunblock over the wound for several months.

I would recommend to do the shave. 

Niels C. Krejci, MD
Boston Dermatologist