Tylenol PM 3 Days Before Tummy Tuck?

I am having a tummy tuck in three days. I normally take Tylenol PM to help me sleep at night. Is it still ok to do so this close to my surgery date?

Tylenol PM

This should not be a problem.i would NOT take any herbal supplements at leats 2-3 weeks before your surgery.Always like ti keep things simple. 

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tylenol PM before tummy tuck

It is fine to take Tylenol PM prior to surgery because it does not cause bleeding problems like other medicines such as aspirin.  My greater concern is that you stated you routinely use this product to help you sleep.  It's not uncommon to have sleep disturbances after surgery, and if you take this to help you sleep in addition to taking narcotic pain medicine (which already contains acetaminophen), the large amount of acetaminophen has the potential to cause liver damage.  Please discuss this with your surgeon.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Tylenol PM OK Before Surgery?

Tylenol PM contains acetaminophen (Tylenol) and diphenhydramine (Benadryl).  Neither of those medications has been implicated in excess bleeding.  So it is OK to take preoperatively.

Philip E. Fleming, MD

Tylenol PM 3 Days Before Tummy Tuck?

Tylenol is the one common over the counter pain remedy that doesn't interfere with normal blood clotting, and is not an issue for surgeons. Chances are that your surgeon has given you a list of meds to avoid.  All the best. 

Okay to take tylenol PM prior to surgery

Tylenol PM should be okay to take prior to surgery.   I would avoid aspirin or aspirin containing products as well as ibuprofen.   If in doubt call your plastic surgeon first.  

Tylenol PM before surgery?

Hello and thanks for your post. Tylenol is considered safe before most operations. You should check with you PS pre-op instructions or the office before consuming anything that was not specifically discussed with your doctor. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD