Tummy Tuck, Bbl , and Arm Lift Can It Be Done Together?

Tummy Tuck, BBL , and Arm Lift At Same Time

In my practice it is common for me to perform all of the procedures you mentioned at the same time. However, I use an assistant to save total operative time with the goal less than 6 hours of surgery (often far less than that) to minimize potential complications and for a speedier recovery. Sometimes there are even less scarring as for straight augmentations, I place the implants using the TT incision without the need for breast scars. My patients following a TT with or without a BBL stay in a reclining chair the first week. A flat tempurpedic pillow beneath your back and upper thighs will offload pressure on your buttocks. The benefit is only one surgery, only one recovery (you heal from all procedures simultaneously) and that you can use the fat that would normally be discarded from the tummy tuck. Pros and cons of this decision should be part of your in depth consultation with your plastic surgeon including the increased risk of complications with long surgeries and how to prevent them. Your plastic surgeon will guide you into making the best decision in your individual case. The most important decision is picking the best plastic surgeon experienced in this technique. See link regarding finding the best surgeon for combined surgeries.
#BBLTT,ArmLiftatSameTime

Multiple surgeries at once

Hello and thank you for your question.

This is a topic that is best discussed with a board certified plastic surgeon. There are many factors that determine a patient's risk for surgery. One would have to take a thorough medical history and physical to determine your risk for multiple procedures. Generally speaking, the risks of complications increase with more than 5 hours of surgery.

Good luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

In healthy patients a tummy tuck can be part of multiple procedures.

It is impossible to comment on your particular situation but the combination of operations you lift is referred to as a mommy makeover. If you are in good health they can be performed concurrently.

I prefer not to do a TT and arm lift at the same setting. Many (rather most or all) patients need to use their arms to  get up from bed or chair after a TT, and this is way too much stress on healing arm incisions. The BBL could be done at the time of either procedure. 

All the best.