How soon after breast augmentation is it safe to have alcoholic beverages?

Alcohol After Breast Augmentation

I would recommend calling your surgeon for specific instructions.  I typically ask my patents to refrain from alcohol until they are off all their surgery related medications.  Also,it is always advisable to drink in moderation. Hope that helps.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Post breast augmentation

In general, you want to wait until you are finished taking any antibiotics that are prescribed to you. Check with your surgeon for his specific post-op instructions. Best wishes, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Don't drink and heal

Don't drink and heal.  As long as you are taking post-surgical drugs, I would recommend avoiding alcohol.  Your liver could be affected, and if you get intoxicated and accidentally injure yourself, your breast augmentation could get affected.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Alcohol after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. I would definitely follow your surgeon's guidelines.  I would wait until the follow after breast augmentation:

1)  Your swelling is pretty much gone
2)  You are not requiring any pain medication, sedatives or antibiotics
3)  At least two weeks have passed and only drink in moderation

Alcohol consumption post op

Definitely after you have finished your narcotic pain pill regimen as pain pills and alcohol can be extremely dangerous and even deadly. Most physicians want you to refrain early on as your judgement can be impaired and you could slip and fall for instance and hurt yourself and the surgery site causing need for reoperation. Please check with your PS and get their recommendations

David Liland, MD

Alcohol intake after breast augmentation

Usually I have my patients forgo alcohol intake for the week after their surgery.  Certainly you should not drink alcohol if you are still taking narcotic pain medication.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon to get their specific instructions.  Best regards,
--
Erik Hoy, M.D.

Erik Hoy, MD
Warwick Plastic Surgeon

Alcohol after surgery

Alcohol can affect your response to the narcotics you take, and also has a blood thinning effect. I'd wait at least a week and ask your Doctor for additional guidance before resuming alcohol.

Victor Au, MD (retired)
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Alcohol

My suggestion is to wait until at least 24 hours after the last narcotic medication taken. It will be better to check with your own surgeon. All the best. 

Breast Augmentation Post Op

It's always best to check with your plastic surgeon regarding post operative questions. It is important that you follow your surgeon's specific instructions. Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Always best to check with your own plastic surgeon about specific post operative instructions. In my practice, a reasonable amount of alcohol consumption would not be a problem 7-10 days post op, as long as you are off medications and you do not over do (cause injury). Best wishes.