Can You Correct Tuberous Breast Without Implants? (photo)

I am concerned about cancer. It apparently runs in my dad's side of the family. I like life and I heard a lot of pros and cons stories of women going under the knife. My breasts are really snoopy. I only think they are normal when a room is cold and my nipples and areola shrivel and harden. My left breast has a large hanging areola. Right breast is kind of normal. but also has large hanging areola. Not as much as the left one though... IS THERE ANY way to fix this? Maybe an areola reduction?

Tubular breast correction

You do not need implants to fix tubular breast deformity. The procedure to correct your condition involves releasing the constricted tissue around the areolae, a lift and areola reduction. Because there is tissue removed during the procedure, many women choose to have implants placed to compensate. However, this is not necessary. 

Implants and tuberous breasts

Thank you for the question and photos.  Yes, careful breast augmentation can be able to fix tuberous breasts and at the same time reduce and position your areola towards the center of your chest to correct the tuberous look.  It would be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

#TuberousBreast correction without #breast implants

Because there is a wide range of conditions (appearances) from mild to severe, the surgical treatment for #TuberousBreastDeformity or #TBD .will vary but can include: implant alone, the use of tissue expansion , correction of the breast base and breast fold, and the correction of the areola. The use of fat grafting or natural breast enhancement can help shape the breast with or without implants

No implants necessary

Absolutely. It's up to you whether you want larger breasts, too. You can just fix the tuberosity for a rounder breast shape.

Tuberous Breast Correction

We can often make an excellent improvement on tuberous breast. Surgical treatment plan often involves combination of implants and steps to release the internal fascia of the breast and to reshape and reduce the areola. Tuberous breasts can be challenging but the results can be exceptional.

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

Tuberous Breast Correction With Areola Reduction

It appears that you have tuberous breasts. A common treatment technique involves releasing constricted breast tissue underneath the protruding nipples to give your breasts a fuller, less "snoopy" shape. No breast implants are needed but you may not be happy with their size after surgery. 

Can I fix Tuberous breasts without implants?

The short answer is yes.  I agree with the other surgeons who have commented on your question.  The best method for addressing your concern is by injected your own fat to widen the breast footprint and lower pole of the breast. In conjunction with an areolar reduction, you would get a very nice result without an implant.  However you must understand that final breast volume would be less than that achievable by using implants.  Good luck with your decision.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting works wonderfully

the latest techniques for correction of small and asymmetric breasts including breast deformity with tuberous issues is to use fat grafting techniques. This technique which is now widely utilized by many surgeons in both the United States and in Europe creates a wider base for the breast and increase his volume in the areas which require correction of this deformity. This is the ideal method for correction without an implant or he can be utilized with an implant in addition.

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Can Use Fat Grafting for this and Avoid Implants

Your condition can be treated with natural fat transplantation, in one or two sessions.  Your breast footprint (the base) can be widened using fat, and the herniated areola can be addressed with an areolar reduction. 

This is the way that many tubular breasts will likely  be treated in the future.  See an example at the link below.

Best Regards,

Dr Del Vecchio

The Question was: is it possible Without Implants? The Answer is Yes

Your condition can be treated with natural fat transplantation, in one or two sessions.  Your breast footprint (the base) can be widened using fat, and the herniated areola can be addressed with an areolar reduction.  

This is the way that many tubular breasts will likely  be treated in the future.  See an example at the link below.

Bets Regards,

Dr Del Vecchio

bostonbreastcenter

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon