Can I masturbate after BA surgery?

Is it safe to masterbate 4 weeks after breast augmentation? I am waiting to have sex until 8 weeks but is it safe to self pleasure or am i still at risk for hematomas?

Post Op Restrictions

I would not advise any restrictions for my patients in this area at one month post op,
Take care

The gallery has spoken...

and you should be good to do as you please.  Risks are minimal at this point so enjoy life and the pleasures you can get from it.

Curtis Wong, MD

Sex after Surgery

Hello,At four weeks, you are safe to have sex and masturbate. Your risk of hematoma is virtually zero. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Your surgeon is your best resource

In my practice, I would allow my patients to engage in certain sexual activities at 4 weeks postop. As long as there is no direct trauma to the breast, and the activity can be tolerated without discomfort, then it can be performed. As always, I would defer to you surgeon, as every surgeon has slightly different protocols on postoperative restrictions.Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Sexual activity after surgery

Hello, generally if there is no actual pressure or trauma to the breasts, other forms of sexual activity 4 weeks postop should be ok.  If you have any reservations or questions about a specific activity it's best to check first with your surgeon.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Activity after BA

Waiting at least 2 weeks to resume some level of activity is typically recommended, after 4 weeks you should be able to resume full cardio workouts.

Hematoma risk

I feel that hematoma risk drops to a reasonably low level after 2 weeks. After the 2 week time point, I would be comfortable with my patients beginning cardiovascular activity. It is always wise to ask your doctor about their post-operative instructions. 

Activity after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Always best to check with your surgeon's guidelines for recovery.  In my practice, I would say yes.  Generally I recommend that my breast augmentation patients keep their heart rate and blood pressure down (no cardio) for 3-4 weeks.  Heavy lifting is limited for 6 weeks.  And I tell my patients with submuscular implants to avoid using their pectoral muscles for 2 months.  

Activities after breast augmentation

Every surgeon has their routine, so it is best to ask your surgeon directly. In our practice, if everything is progressing perfectly, the answer would be yes, but your surgeon is the best judge. Best wishes.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon