Moderate profile v high profile for narrow chest? (Photo)

Hi there. I have been debating between getting 240cc silicone moderate profile implants or silicone high profile implants (unsure of HP size). My current cup size is AA, BWD is 11cm, I'm 5'8", 130 lbs., and I have no kids. Are high profile implants ideal for someone of my size? I wish to go as large as my body would suit. What high profile cc range should I stay in?

Lmplant size

Choosing the right size, shape and placement of implant is part art, part science and requires an in person exam. Having said that, high profile is not going to give you a subtle look. Which may be what you want. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss your ideal option. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Implant type and size

In recommending implant size, I consider my patients' anatomy (chest height, weight, shape, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. Please share your "wish" photos with your plastic surgeon. After examining your body and understanding your goal, your plastic surgeon will make a recommendation.
Implants come in different type (saline, silicone), shape (anatomic, round), volume, and profile. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Dr. Kim

It all depends on how big you want to be and how fake you want to look

Low profile is great for a sublte change.  High profile is NOT subtle.  There is a happy medium with moderate or moderate plus profile (depending on teh manufacturer).  That is what most of my patients use because most have had children and need a little extra help.  If using Allergan Inspira for your width, low would be 170cc, low-plus is 190cc, moderate is 240cc and high is 265.  Those are just guidelines.  Having said that, I think you could definately pull off the 265cc high profile implant.  Gel implants under the muscle almost always look natural.

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Size choices

Thank you for your question and photos. You could probably select from a moderate, high or even extra high profile. the width will remain more or less the same and as volume increases, the projection grows. I recommend that you talk with your Plastic Surgeon about your goals and expectations and try on sizers in office. My patients find this is a great way to get a feel for the implant sizes.

All the best

High profile

Thin, narrow patients often do better with high profile implants if they want to be fairly large. Best to be seen in perosn

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided pictures with information as well. I suggest you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. I recommend you to have high profile with no more than 280 cc's under the muscle

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

High profile

Thank you for your question and photos.  Keep in mind that a high profile implant will give you a more "augmented" look with further projection than a moderate profile implant.  That being said, it would most likely take more than 240 cc's for a high profile implant to look natural on you give the projection.  It seems the 240 cc moderate profile implants will give you a natural look that would suit your frame well.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Choosing the Profile of Your Breast Implant

Thanks for the photos; I think that if you are really looking to go as large as your body would suit, then perhaps high profile implants may be a reasonable choice.

Since you know your breast width, you can look at the various volumes of implants that would go with that width. For example, for your width, maybe a low profile would give you 180mL, a moderate profile implant would give you 240mL and a high profile implant would give you 300mL. I usually have patients decide about how much volume they would like to add (with the use of sizers) and then I help them narrow down the ultimate implant selection based upon the volumes associated with each profile.

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Moderate profile v high profile implant for narrow chest.

It is best to choose and implant which has a diameter closer to your breast diameter. This will produce the most natural result. .If you have a narrow chest and wish to have more volume, the high profile devices are often the best choice. Careful measurements and use of sizers during you consultation will help to determine your expectations and the best implant choice. Best wishes.

David A. Bottger, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

High profile for volume

Certainly with a narrow chest and breast width like yours a high profile implant can get you the most volume!  There's some limitations to how big I'd recommend but you could likely go as large as 450 - that would take a long time to stretch and relax the skin and muscle.  Just know that the larger you go the more unnatural a result and the potential for complications.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon that will choose based on your measurements and will listen to your expectations.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon