What is the difference between Juvederm Ultra vs Revanesse Ultra for lip injections?

I am not finding much information online about Revanesse. I live in Canada and the clinic that I am going to offers Revanesse and Juvederm.

Different between Juvederm Ultra vs Revanesse

Dear SamanthaJones001,

Thank you for your clinical post. Juvederm Ultra is manufactured by Alergan, a very large publicly traded billion dollar company with extensive data on safety and advocacy for their Juvederm product line. It is a hyaluronic acid sugar gel with a specific proprietary crosslink in technology and has been around the marketplace for over 15 years with excellent safety data.

Revanesse Ultra is manufactured by a private Canadian company called Prollenium. It is also a hyaluronic acid gel, which is manufactured to inject for deep folds, frozen lines. The problem with companies like Prollenium is they are small, less regulated and publicly traded companies and the health and safety data around their product is far less reliable. When selecting a centre select for the experience of the injector, but also for the product line and portfolio the products that they deploy. It is not that the Prollenium product line is not safe or efficacious it is just a little less known and certainly the company has far less resources for safety and efficacy studies.

I’m sure you’ll get an excellent result and just select the clinic and the products that are injected carefully.
I hope this information is of some assistance and best of luck.

To find out more, please visit the link below.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

Juvederm vs. Revanesse

Both are similar products, but Revanesse is a Canadian company and is not available in the US. Juvederm has been around longer, but both will work well for lip augmenation. 

There are newer versions of fillers than those two products which may feel more natural and be even longer lasting. 

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a filler for the lips - juvederm vs. revanesse

Both Juvederm and Revanesse Ultra are nice products for the lips, especially for a younger person. Juvederm has much more safety data and experience in the market place. Make sure to have an expert injector such as a dermatologist treating you to optimize results & safety (& reduced pain/bruising), especially with the lips which are more challenging to improve in a natural way.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon