What filler is better for cheek augmentation: Revanesse or Juvederm?

I have tried both and I have impression Juvaderm last longer but science says the opposite. Thanks a lot for your input

Radiesse versus Juvederm

Hi there.  I think your question is Radiesse versus Juvederm.  Radiesse is calcium-based and works well, I believe, in the cheek area.  Juvederm, on the other hand, is a hyaluronic filler. 

Both are acceptable in the cheek; the choice of filler is individualized to the patient. 

A third option to consider is Voluma, which also works well in the cheek.

Hope this is helpful.  Best wishes.

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best filler for cheek augmentation Juvederm Voluma, Restylane Lyft, Sculptra

Best filler for cheek augmentation depends on your facial anatomy and type of skin, how thin it is.  I utilize a lot of different fillers for my patients for the mid-face but take a customized approach and do not use one exclusively.  Best, Dr. Green

Best filler for cheeks

There are numerous filler options for the cheek area. The right one will really depend on your specific anatomy and desired outcome. Make sure to schedule an appointment with either a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist since good results are dependent on the skill and training of your injector. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Cheek augmentation

There are several options for cheek augmentation including Juvederm Voluma, Radiesse, and Perlane. I think all three products work very well. I discuss the different filler options and side effects with each patient and together we choose which one to use based their specific needs.  Revanesse is not approved for use in the United States. 

Anne Marie Tremaine, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek Filler

Our patients our raving about the results they've received with Juvederm's Voluma! Voluma is a thicker dermal filler used to lift the apples of the cheeks to give a more youthful appearence. Seek consultation with your plastic surgeon to determine which products will be able to give you the desired look you've been searching for.

Hi, I have performed many cheek augmentations using a dermal filler.  When Radiesse was first released in the US, I used that dermal filler for many cheek shaping procedures.  However, I now prefer using Perlane as my filler of choice for cheek augmentation.  I have also used and like Juvederm Ultra Plus but not as much as Perlane.  

Filler for Cheek Augmemtation

There are only 2 products that are approved for use in Texas (and the US) that work well for cheek augmentation. They are Juvederm Voluma and Radiesse. Juvederm Ultra is not useful for this. Ravanesse is designed for the same function but is not approved for use in the US. Radiesse is a Calcium Hydroxiapitite filler that lasts about 18 months and comes in sligntly more filler per syringe for the same price than Voluma. Voluma is a Hyaluronic Acid filler and, as such, can be reversed. It lasts about 24 months. I have done the calculations, and, on average, they cost about the same for the amount of correction and duration of effect, but the Voluma has a safety edge. I therefore, use Voluma primarily. There are some people who respond differently than the average. For those, you just have to determine which gives you the best effect for the longest time. This may entail trying both if the first result does not act as predicted. (See PlasticSurgeryToday.com/non-surgical/todays-liquid-lift-wrinkle-and-contour-correction/)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm or Radiesse (or Restylane)

Hello Ajnat,

If you are looking just for cheek augmentation, you have several options. 

Juvederm Volume is a better option than plain Juvederm as it will last longer and provider a greater improvement.  Another great option for the cheek is Restylane Lyft (formerly known as Perlane).  Both of these are hyaluronic acid (HA) based fillers.  They are able to last longer by using larger pieces of HA compared to Juvederm or Restylane and they also have improved connections between the pieces to last longer.  The benefit if using HA products is if you don't like them you can inject a material to dissolve them

Radiesse is another option.  It is a calcium hydroxylapatite material.  It does not have a chemical that can be injected to dissolve it if you do not like the result but some have reported you can inject saline to dissolve it (this is not FDA approved). 

All three choices are meant for the cheeks.  They are each made by different companies which is why you have the choices.  If you have had a better response with one product (and you had the same injector each time and the volumes were the same), I'd go with what you liked the most (in this case Juvederm).  The times given for how long products last is based on averages and maximums.  Each individual result will vary. 

I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist to evaluate you and provide specific recommendations. 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Augmentation with Fillers

My preferred fillers for cheek augmentation are Juvederm Voluma and Restylane Lyft.  These are both hyaluronic acid based fillers and can both be dissolved with a special medicine if needed.  The other filler that I like for the cheeks is Radiesse which is composed of calcium hydroxylapatite.  Radiesse comes in a larger syringe and can be a good value for the patient.  The downside to Radiesse is that it cannot be dissolved in the event of any problem.  

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Most fillers are different forms of Hyaluronic Acid except Radiesse is Hydroxyapatite.  My feeling at this time is that Restylane-Lyft provides a superior rejuvenation to the cheek area. Sometimes patients metabolize fillers at different rates.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon