Chest workouts with dual plane breast augmentation?

I had a dual plane augmentation to correct tubular breasts in 2014. Since then, I have gotten into weight lifting and bikini training. I haven't tried training my chest out of fear it may damage my implants, or myself. Would it be okay to train this muscle group? Is it okay to train with heavier weights? Would there be serious risk involved? Thank you!

Breast surgery and workouts

You are now about 2 years out from surgery, You should be able to do any workouts that you want. Best of luck.

Chest workouts with dual plane breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  At this point in your recovery you can restart training your chest and should slowly build up in weight.  Heavy lifting is hard to recommend as it will have a tendency of pushing your implants towards the sides of your body, possibly stretching your implant pocket and causing implant malposition.  Hope this helps.

Thank you for the questions.  at this point  you should be able to resume full activities without concern. In my practice, I ask patients to avoid “heavy” lifting and/or any other strenuous activity involving the pectoralis major muscle for as many months as possible after breast augmentation surgery. My concern is that the contraction of the pectoralis major muscle may “push” the breast implants inferiorly and laterally early on after surgery, before the breast implant capsules have had a chance to form. You may find the attached link/video interesting to you. Best wishes.

Chest Workouts with Dual Plane Breast Augmentation

Heavy #lifting and strenuous #activity should be avoided for six weeks following #BreastSurgery. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort.  It may require the full 6 weeks before you can do any upper body work-outs, yoga, etc. But following that healing and recovery period, you should be able weight train. In fact, many aspiring and professional #athletes with breast implants are capable.
Nevertheless, if you have concerns it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss it further.

Weight lifting and training after dual plane breast augmentation

I have several Triple Crown bodybuilders in my practice who had a dual-plane breast augmentation. They began retraining at 8 weeks after surgery, starting with light weights and taking 2 weeks to get back to their full weight workouts. Go for it and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon