What is the Price of Surgical Ear Piercing Reduction Caused from Heavy Earrings?

I have had my ears pierced since I was an infant. Over the years I began wearing heavy earrings and they stretched my earlobes out. The outer later of my skin is torn but the piercing hasn't stretched. How much would it be to surgically repair the torn skin of my earlobe. Where would I have to go to get it done? Do I need to inform my doctor of this procedure?

Ear Lobe surgery cost varies significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgeon you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Most procedures will be performed in a doctor’s office where costs can be contained. If not will it be performed in a hospital or an independent out- patient facility? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia – local anesthesia is typical and less costly. If IV sedation or General Anesthesia is used: Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc.

Cost for ear piercing reduction

Earlobe reduction usually cost between $500 and $1500 dollars depending upon the complexity of the correction, the surgeons experience, and city in which the surgery is being performed. Most offices can arrange for payment plans. Banks, credit cards, Care Credit, Proper are just a few of the companies that offer plans. Many are no interest for 12-18 months.
Geographic costs and names of experienced doctors can be found on Real Self or the websites for the American Society of plastic surgeons for the American Society of aesthetic plastic surgery

Earlobe repair cost

The cost of repairing a torn or stretched earlobe varies considerably depending in the nature and complexity of the situation and also varies from doctor to doctor.  I personally believe that many doctors charge too much for this procedure considering it only takes about ten minutes a side.  I charge $250 to $350 per earlobe.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Torn ear lobe repair

Torn earlobe repair is a relatively straight forward procedure.  The cost at our office in Atlanta is approximately $475.  I have attached a video for more information on this procedure.  

Earlobe repair

It is certainly acceptable to undergo reduction of ear piercings in the earlobes.  This is performed under local anesthesia and takes approximately half an hour and the cost is $1,175 for one earlobe or $1,475 for both earlobes.  Most facial plastic surgeons perform this procedure and close stretched earring holes.

Ear lobe repair price

Ear lobe repair is a fairly straightforward procedure to perform under local anesthesia alone, in the surgeon's office. Fees are therefore reasonable - usually 500-700 for one ear, or 1000 or so for both.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repair Torn Ear Lobes

I would suggest checking with the American Society of plastic Surgeons for well-qualified plastic surgeons in your area.   During your consultation asked to see examples of the surgeons work.

Generally, earlobe  repair is a relatively simple procedure done under local anesthesia with minimal recovery. Costs vary from  practice to practice ($500-$1000  in our practice).

Earlobe Repair

The cost of the procedure depends on multiple factors including the extent of the elongated earlobe, whether the edge of the earlobe is intact, etc.  The best thing to do is to consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist and guide you.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Torn ear lobe

See a plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery).

Torn ear lobe or partially torn can be repaired under local anesthesia.

Avarage price $ 750-1500