If I Cut off a Blowout Will I Be Able to Keep my Stretched Ears After the Procedure? (photo)

I have stretched ears (7/8") and I have an old blowout behind my right ear. I have been thinking about removing the blowout for quite some time now. I have literally tried every remedy in the book, including downsizing, jojoba oil massages, shea butter massages, but to no avail. So my question is, if I get the surgery done to remove the scar tissue will I be able to keep my stretched ears without having to downsize after the surgical procedure?

If I Cut off a Blowout Will I Be Able to Keep my Stretched Ears After the Procedure?

It is unlikely that you will be able to achieve all of your goals at once, but can work toward it over time.  The best plan is to excise the "blowout" and scar tissue, allow the repair to heal over many months or close to at least one year and then start over with the stretching.

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, MS FACS

Wirth Plastic Surgery

Earlobe gauge repair

You should have the hole repaired, which is a pretty simple procedure done under local anesthesia.  You can always start the gauging procedure again from scratch once things have healed, but I would advise against it.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Excising "Blowout" of Ear

If I understand your situation correctly,  the only way to remove the scar tissue around the “blowout” will be to excise it. This will leave you with a linear scar in the area. You may have to restart the stretching process after the area has healed.