Can Anyone Recommend an Experienced Plastic Surgeon to Repair Stretched/"gauged" Earlobes in Portland, OR?

I can't seem to find any recommendations on the internet, or even any surgeons claiming to have experience with this sort of procedure. My earlobes were stretched to 1 1/4" many years ago, and have since naturally shrunken to about 5/8". I want "normal" earlobes again. I have several friends who have had this procedure, but they are halfway across the country. I would like to stay in Portland if possible, to make follow-up easier. Any recommendations in Portland, OR?

Doctor Answers 5

Gauged Earlobe Repair in Seattle

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

-Although, I'm not in Portland, my office is located in Seattle, not too far away!

-More and more patients, like yourself, are coming to plastic surgeons requesting closure of their stretched or gauged earlobes. 

-The procedure is performed in the office, using a local anesthetic, and downtime and pain are fairly minimal. 

-I'd recommend calling around Portland and asking a few plastic surgeons if they have any experience with this procedure. 

-Best of luck to you!

I am here in Seattle and I have a lot of experience in repairing earlobes from all kinds of reasons

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
We would love to have you come to Seattle for us to help you with your earlobe repair. We have other informative videos and information on our website and a link is included to help you find us.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Portland plastic surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The two easiest ways to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area would be to call the University of Oregon medical center and ask for a recommendation or to check on plastic, the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Earlobe repair is a basic procedure for any board certified plastic surgeon.

You might also like...

Portland Stretched Earlobe Repairs

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello Heather,

There are several excellent facial plastic surgeons on this site close to your location. We perform several of the stretched earlobe repairs per year and the numbers continue to increase at a staggering rate as more and more patients with stretched lobes no longer like the appearance of their ears, or they are seeking jobs or military service that frown upon body modification.

Good luck with finding the right surgeon for you!

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Correction of Gauged Ear Lobe

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.  There are many good board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You should do your due diligence by checking with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Only by visiting the surgeon's website or office will you learn of his/her specific experience and skill.

The  repair of the stretched envelope is a great procedure that can restore the ear lobe to a “normal” appearance".  Must be taken during this procedure to avoid reducing the size of the air and/or creating a notch/ depressed appearance in the area of the rim of the ear lobe.   It is usually done under local anesthesia with very high patient satisfaction rates.

I hope this helps.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.