How can I have the dent in my cleavage corrected? (Photo)

I have 375 cc silicone implants under the muscle. My right implant was replaced from a 400 cc to a 375 cc about a year ago. The pocket was also lowered to try and even it out with the left side. After the revision i noticed a puckering at the top of my cleavage on the right side and right under where it puckers out is an indent. Its noticeable all the time but mostly when i push my implants together. What can be done to correct this?

Doctor Answers 13

Debt in cleavage

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It looks like a wisp of pectoralis muscle is still attached to the sternum there. This could have been released at the time of surgery but scarred back in place. Only your surgeon would know that answer. Regardless, you will likely need to have the implant removed, pocket modified, and then the implant replaced, IF it bothers you enough to go through another surgery. Weigh your options with your surgeon. I'm sure s/he will be willing to help you. 

Hope me that helps!

Reston Plastic Surgeon


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It looks like a pocket issue but would need to examine you in person to know for sure.  Either see your PS or another BC PS in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 35 reviews

How can I have the dent in my cleavage corrected?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I offer repair of this issues via fat grating techniques of Dr Sydney Coleman. The micro droplet technique could offer a better appearance... 

Pocket issues with implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It looks like a pocket issue with the implant.  Some of the answers using fat to camouflage it maybe a solution, but an exam in person is essential. A pocket revision possibly using Strattice may be necessary to eliminate that problem. Good luck.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Minor contour deformity

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the pictures. I agree with the other experts that the easiest solution be fat grafting to the deformity. This may take more than one operation to get the correction that's needed. 


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question and photo. For a  proper answer in in person exam would be helpful as photos alone are not sufficient to understand what the problem is. 

Depending on the cause, the solutions may vary.  Probably the simplest would be fat grafting into the area of indentation.  Otherwise, alteration of the pocket, change of implant to a stiffer form stable implant, and/or adding an acellular dermal matrix (Strattice) to adjust the pocket are among the possibilities, all of which are rather more complex. 

Discuss with your surgeon, or second opinion. All the best. 

Jourdan Gottlieb, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

How can I have the dent in my cleavage corrected? (Photo)

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Based on the photos I would consider using fat grafting to correct the indentation. This is a rather simple procedure which can be done under local anesthesia. If the treatment doesn't correct it sufficiently, then the pocket can be reoperated upon. Good luck!

Fat transfer is the simplest safest approach

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I routinely perform fat transfer in combination with breast implants either at the same time or at two separate procedures. Fat transfer is very likely to fix the problem with minimal risk, and does not preclude some of these more complicated procedures mentioned if for some reason fat transfer did not completely resolve your concerns. Fat transfer can even be done under local anesthesia and should be much more economically with a much lower risk of complications than open procedures with mesh or some other material. Fat transfer can also be used at the same time to improve thassymetry between your two breasts.

Pocket defects after breast augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
For whatever reason you implant pocket is contracted a bit on the right side.   You could have a pocket modification with direct release or possibly use of  an acellular matrix device or Seri.    Possibly just a little fat graft would be the best and easiest solution.   Pocket modification is a relatively big surgery.  Fat grafting is relatively easy.    My Best,  Dr C

How can I have the dent in my cleavage corrected?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question and pictures. It is very difficult to give you precise advice based on the photographs.  What would be necessary to improve the “dent” will depend on exactly what the cause of the  contour irregularity is. For some patients, adjustment of the breast implant  capsules is necessary. For others, the use of acellular dermal matrix may be helpful. This is especially true if the contour irregularity is caused by the breast implant itself. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.