Do the brackets damage your teeth? Especially during removal. Will it strip the enamel?

The most common cause of tooth damage with conventional braces is damage caused by poor oral hygiene. Teeth are much more susceptible to tooth decay and discoloration when they have brackets glued to them, that is why strict attention to oral hygiene is so important. I have never experienced damage to a tooth when removing a bracket; not that it's not possible but I have never personally experienced it in 15+ years of removing brackets.

Good luck! 

#Teeth damage removing braces...

While it is possible to damage teeth during removal of braces, it is unlikely, unless you're trying to do it yourself.  Removing braces can compromise the enamel, but this can be corrected using bonding.  If you are having your braces removed by a dental professional, then I would not really worry that they are damaging your teeth.  Most of us have had enough education, training and experience to remove braces blindfolded.  Good luck with everything and I hope this answer helped.  If you have more questions for me, just follow me on Real Self.

Sarah Thompson, DMD  
O'Fallon, Il  and   St. Louis, MO