What is causing the rounded indentation in my forehead? (photos)

In the last two years I have noticed that I have developed a circular indentation on my forehead. As time goes by the indentation is getting more noticeable and deeper. Why is this happening and is there a procedure to fix this?

Circular indentation on forehead

The indentation could be secondary to previous trauma/ localized scleroderma.  If it's progressively getting deeper you may benefit from a biopsy or some form of imaging to confirm diagnosis.  As far as cosmetic treatment goes, I recommend fat transfer to the forehead (may need a few sessions) to help smoothen out the contour.  Botox may also help if you think the indentation is more noticeable when animated.  Hope that helps.
Goretti H. Taghva MD

Mission Viejo Plastic Surgeon

Circular indentation on forehead

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Goretti H. Taghva MD

Mission Viejo Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Indentation

Why you would have a forehead indentation that has developed is not clear. But it can be treated by either a bone cement augmentation or a custom forehead implant, done through a hairline incision.

Forehead Indentation