I had 950cc implants put in on Oct.13th and I am not sure if they way they look now is normal? (Photo)

Please see your surgeon

Your implants are too big for your breast tissue and the only way that your body could accommodate them was to overstretch your upper chest. I do not think that this will get much better with time. Your lower pole is very constricted and could not stretch enough for 950 cc implants. Please see your surgeon for evaluation and downsizing.  

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

I had 950cc implants put in on Oct.13th and I am not sure if they way they look now is normal?

Thank you for your question.  You have very large implants  and at 9 days the appearance in the photograph provided looks normal.  Understand that it takes 3-4 months for the implants to drop into position.  Of course always follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Is my breast looking normal after a breast augmentation?

Thanks for the question.  You have a great deal of swelling along the top of the breast on the photo that you included in this question.  Is this the way that the breast appeared directly after the surgery was performed?  If it is, then I guess the appearance must relate to the implant alone.  If this came about in the last day or so, perhaps the swelling is related to a breast hematoma which can be drained by your Plastic Surgeon.  Needless to say,  I would recommend that you call your Plastic Surgeon and allow him or her to see you for reassurance and guidance.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. 950 cc is considered really large implant. Initially because of swelling and muscle tightness they look like this and they continue to change with time. Please express your concerns with your PS

Post breast augmentation

I presume this was a submuscular augmentation.  Early on, the muscle spasms and drives the implant upwards towards the clavicles.  It will relax and drop with time.  Massage exercises can help.  Due to the size of your implants and laxity of your breast tissue, this may take some time.  950cc is pretty big.  

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  As this swelling resolves, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Normal size post op

If the other side looks like that then they are probably ok if that is the look you want.If your right side is much bigger then you may have a hematoma.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

Its too early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD