Can I take antibiotic medication after fractional treatment?

I had my dentist appointment and extraction of tooth a week before my fractional treatment..its been 3rd day of my laser treatment and I have inflammation on my gums can I take antibiotics oral ? will this not have any side effects to my healing of my skin ?

Antibiotics after Fraxel

There is no contraindication with taking antibiotics and Fraxel laser. Caution though that some antibiotics are photosensitive and you have to be even more careful in the sun.  Best, Dr. Green

Antibiotics After Laser

Most antibiotics will not be a problem, just make sure that you avoid the sun as some antibiotics cause sun sensitivity. Ask your laser specialist to be sure.

Antibiotics

Thank you for your question. Taking antibiotics after fractional treatment will not have any side effects to your skin. Although, some antibiotics are photo sensitive, so make sure to apply SPF 30 with zinc and reapply every 2hours if outdoor longer than 2 hours. I hope this helps!

Yes

In fact some Specialists like to give antibiotics like Doxycycline or ever Erythomycin after fractional laser. I certainly do. 

My choice is doxycycline as this is a good prophylic antibiotic and can reduce the flare ups of rosacea. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory. 

Cheers

Dr Davin Lim

Laser Dermatologist

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Taking antibiotics will not affect the healing of skin after fractional Laser.

Antibiotics would not interfere with the skin's healing after LASER. So you can definitely go ahead and have the antibiotics as advised by your dentist.
Good Luck!

Renita (Lourdhurajan) Rajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

Frational Laser and Antibiotics

Thank you for your question about fractional laser.

Yes, you can take oral antibiotics.

To be sure, return to see your doctor see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Antibiotics and Fraxel

Yes, absolutely you can take the necessary meds. You should take them! And it won't affect your treatment.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."